MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People are getting off computers ect and going outside.... Riding... and with Police told NOT to pull over offenders unless in immeadiate danger many riders using back roads as for track days .

THE TTS SUPERCHARGED TRIUMPH SPRINT 1050 ST (I WROTE ABOUT THIS BUILD A FEW MONTHS AGO)De bagged and turned BACK into the Sportbike it was originally intended , aluminum rear section , ect ect . Weight down to 460lbs 220HP at rear wheel with 175lbs torque. (ohlins Front forks =Nitron racing rear shock Gunner racing seat ect ect)I saw the bike riding on the smooth back roads around the Limerick nuclear plant. MANY riders using area as track day event . Every make and model Superbike you can think of was riding/racing and this Supercharged 2006 Triumph Sprint 1050 ST was beating them all like a rented mule lol. No tjust on the straits but through the corners. The Triumph Sprint 1050 unique CHROME MOLY Box section Chassis being rigid seemed to have no problem with the increase of Horsepower from 135hp to 220HP...... NIGEL....You Brits should be proud of this set up If Dorna ever allows 1050cc triples to have small superchargers Triumph will be competitive in WSB again.

PS RT100 is a pin strait highway right next to these back roads. The Supercharged Triumph Sprint rider was also doing roll on races down RT100. EVERYONE tried to beat him including myself on my new Ducati V4S , He raced an Aprilia RSV4 1100 ,a Kawasaki H2 a Suzuki busa and myself on my Ducati V4s. Roll on from 50mph. He LET us have 1 bike length head start then he blew right by us LOL

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW The police choosing NOT to pull people over is not unique because of Corona Virus . Here in Pa and NJ also its public record

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FYI The ROEHR 1250SC Supercharged V-twin also uses Forged Chrome moly box section chassis With aluminum base (like the MVF4 uses) Chrome moly box section chassis is a known excelent chassis. You do not see it much because of High cost of manufacture.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have to agree with Roehr, the only possible way to become infected would be at the fuel pumps. I went for a couple of rides on the weekend and no one had a problem with it.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yet people are not using gloves at the pumps. AKSO people do not want to go to a teller but all use same keyboard at ATM with no gloves ??

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I'm sure the USA will come to appreciate as the whole of Europe has, that its the conduct not the activity itself. While if everything goes well, its ok, if you have an accident the extra load on emergency services and the contact they then have to have with you is why people tend to critique it.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I'm sure the USA will come to appreciate as the whole of Europe has, that its the conduct not the activity itself. . .
And parts of USA might not have quite such a stringent instruction as do we, and that is to not leave home save for 'essential' shopping, work, or exercise.

Agree with @dansoarr that there's seemingly no harm in a solo ride - until something happens. I just prefer to toe the line in the hope that it will help this situation be over quicker.

·
Registered
284 Posts
My country ( Croatia ) has impossed some of the most strict rules in order to keep the virus from spreading and the results are very good. People are complaining and economy is suffering, but we have pandemic under control from day 1.
One of the rules is that we can’t travel out of our city (administrative region), but I live in the capital city (Zagreb) where you can find a lot of interesting streets and we have a mountain road as part of the city. I go there every few days and it’s full of bikers going up and down. Funny, but it’s like a bikers event there! Some ride safe, others are more wreckles but there is no police and it is great to get out in the mountain and enjoy some nature and fresh air. Again, if you would be injured and require a medical treatment then I guess you would take a bed in hospital and use resources much needed in this moment. Stay safe, ride carefull!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good point dan ,I didnt think about a crash. Oddly people are now having picnics with there neighbors Like I havnt seen in 20-30years Because of bordom of being home.!! Great thing ifthere wasnt a pandemic. People are staying home BUT are actually being CLOSER to one another . BTW these are neiborhoods where homes are 500,000$ The people are educated upper middle class.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
. . . Oddly people are now having picnics with there neighbors Like I havnt seen in 20-30years . . .
That too, would breach UK 'social distancing' rules. We cannot congregate in a group exceeding three unless it's family members from the same household.

In essence though, the picnics are good. Neighbours have been doing their own thing for many years now. Not sure about USA, but I remember as a child that fences between properties were say, 3 foot high and neighbours would chat, share cups of tea etc. Now, most fences a 6ft high OR a monstrous hedge, and we might be lucky to even get a hello!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a friend who is both a new motorcyclist and an EMT (paramedic) and she's very biased on both sides as to whether to ride or not. She's been getting a bit of grief too, from her coworkers. I asked her about whether to ride or not and this is what she said:

"Just because covid is happening doesn't mean everything else stops. You could say the person who's overweight with heart issues shouldn't take up running right now because they could have a heart attack. Lol I say just ride with caution and know the resources will still be there for you if needed."

She also pointed out that there's very little traffic at any given time and we both ride very defensively. Neither of us would ever dream of riding on the street remotely close to the way we'd ride on the track. It's just playing the odds, but then again it always is.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Parts of Australia are "no unnecessary travel and we mean it!" and parts (where I live) are currently "no restriction, just use a bit of common sense".

I am SOOOOOOOOOO hanging for a ride but all of the bikes are currently out of registration and I'm reluctant to spend up on a rego ticket when the situation could follow the other states anytime without warning.

The roads are calling and it is hard to ignore...

·
Registered
29 Posts
If I still had my 848, I wouldn't be out riding at all. But I finally have my dream bike and it was hard enough waiting this long!

I heard on the radio this morning that hospitals around here are have seen a dramatic increase in injuries due to power tools. So maybe motorcycling isn't the worst thing at this time. :D

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pare 95% of motorcycle deaths are from getting hit by cars. Less cars on road = safer ride. Go have a great ride on your dream bike. Remember the old saying....A COWARD DIES A THOUSAND DEATHS A BRAVE MAN ONLY ONCE!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts