MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I noticed today that I cant see any coolant in my overfill tank. The po services the bike in February and coolant was done then.
I've been riding in 90 deg weather all day with no issues or overheating. My question is 1: I dont know what coolant was used, so what should I top up with?
2: should I stop riding until it's at the min mark?

·
Administrator
19,858 Posts
Just use water....the small amount will combine with whatever coolant you have in there now, and will not dilute the mix significantly.

DO NOT fill beyond the minimum, or you will find the extra on the ground shortly.

·
Super Moderator
22,354 Posts
Preferably distilled, but a small amount of tap water won't hurt.

·
Vendor
5,336 Posts
See if you can find out what brand of coolant was used so you can use the same.
Mixing coolants is not a good idea,so like the guys said water will be OK for a top-up.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually ended up contacting the dealer it came from to match coolants. Problem now is that they stripped the bolt to the overflow canister so I cant top off. Checked the level in the radiator and it was full, so will just have to wait and replace the overflow cannister.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I actually ended up contacting the dealer it came from to match coolants. Problem now is that they stripped the bolt to the overflow canister so I cant top off. Checked the level in the radiator and it was full, so will just have to wait and replace the overflow cannister.
Sounds about right. A lot of people either over tighten it and strip the bolt, strip the bolt after over tightening it or attempt to open it whilst the canister is still warm and soft, causing the bolt and nut to spin in its housing.

The main cap is under the tank to fill the canister.

Of you could also look into the many methods of removing a stripped bolt. Just make sure you are careful not to cause the whole thing to dislodge from the housing

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah the nut and bolt spin in place. I'm gonna leave that fix to a mechanic because even if I get the bolt out, I'd be nervous about shrapnel falling into the tank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts