MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Flush it all out and use Engine Ice if you can get it over in Ireland. If not, Jameson 12 year should be good.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Then whatever it says in the manual should be good. There are no snafus when it comes to coolant with the MV's. :)

Reactions: esq'z me

·
Wing Nut
21,713 Posts
Just be aware...the coolant system does NOT like to have the reservoir level at max when cold. Only fill to the MIN line or you will be spitting coolant out the overflow when hot.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Ideally we try to match what is already in the bike, as some coolants will not mix with others. If you do not know what is already in the bike, perhaps it might best to drain the system and install new. Although having said that, if it is only topping up the header tank to the LOW mark, I am not sure it would make that much difference.

·
Wing Nut
21,713 Posts
Ethylene Glycol...normal coolant like almost every vehicle made today. Probably "Long Life" since it is blue in color.

·
Registered
440 Posts
How much of a top up is required? Note the advice above....don't fill the reservoir above the min line! If its only a very small amount perhaps just add distilled water if it really needs topping up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just wanted to know if i have to top it up at some point, the recommended in the manual is red (Motul), from factory some come with blue and some with red fluid.

·
Wing Nut
21,713 Posts
Just use distilled water (like you use in your clothes iron)...it will need very little and will not dilute the coolant enough to matter...the coolant is already a 50/50 mix with distilled/deionized water.

Reactions: Arnie and Tony F
1 - 12 of 12 Posts