MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so tried to remove the cap by hand to no avail. Went back to the manual only to see there is a special tool. Anybody have insight into what should be a simple task?:banghead:

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Okay so tried to remove the cap by hand to no avail. Went back to the manual only to see there is a special tool. Anybody have insight into what should be a simple task?:banghead:

Get the Missus to do it..They are used to opening jars in the kitchen etc:hitit:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had tried pliers with a cloth and without but space is limited. Looks like I will be going to get another tool (and not the special one). Cap has been on for just over two years and it's not going to let go without a fight.

I open the jars for the wife on this side of the pond Joe.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Plumbers pipe wrench ; )
Thanks Joe. Unfortunately there wasn't enough space. Ended up taking the rubber strap from my strap wrench and long needle nose pliers. Clamped the pliers on the strap, put the strap around the cap and twisted the pliers. Cap came free:ahhh:

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Thanks Joe. Unfortunately there wasn't enough space. Ended up taking the rubber strap from my strap wrench and long needle nose pliers. Clamped the pliers on the strap, put the strap around the cap and twisted the pliers. Cap came free:ahhh:

Happy days:yo:

Yoooz da man :smoking:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Speaking of coolant....I actually haven't paid attention much to the coolant reservoir (new bike and all - didn't think I needed to)...today I checked it and noticed it was empty :jsm:

I'm sure there is plenty of coolant in the system itself as the engine doesn't heat up above the norm, but I'm sure it's not healthy.

So...I gotta go buy coolant pronto! Any recommendations for which to use? I'm in Toronto, Canada.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I have 5 bottle of Agip coolant if you are interest let me pm me

Attachments

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Get the Missus to do it..They are used to opening jars in the kitchen etc:hitit:
I was having the same trouble with my wallet the other day.....the wife seemed to get it open for me with just a look. (well.., more of a glare:popcorn:)
Oh and Re 'coolant'...I drained my system and replaced with 'Engine Ice'..
Brian.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
+1 on the Engine Ice. Just flushed my system with 2gl of distilled water and added Engine Ice. Fairly easy to find at a variety of dealerships.
Brett

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Engine Ice is pre-mixed with de-ionized water (which is purified like distilled but also removes naturally occurring salts that might remain in distilled water).
To clarify my previous post, just flushed the system of the old ethyl glycol based product with distilled water then add straight Engine Ice. Good catch Ryan. :yo:

·
Registered
292 Posts
I used an adjustable pipe wrench to reach down and crack the caps seal. Sometimes called adjustable spanner.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts