MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have just received my new shiny DC water pump

I however don't have access to the AGIP coolant in the manual, neither is anyone near me selling Engine Ice.

Are there alternatives that are safe to use and offer good performance ?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thanks, their shipping cost is really low so this is indeed a great source to get it from :)
Ordered 2x 1.9l

·
Registered
661 Posts
The pros here must know. I believe its ethylene glycol based according to manual, Ethylene-glycol. I used the best I could find that in this specification because I could not find Agip. Now it can be ordered I'm sure. My bike was low to the bottom of the overflow when I got it.

·
Administrator
19,804 Posts
Should you decide not to use engine ice:

Any quality "Long Life" coolant will do. All the Japanese have their own branded stuff and it is good. Motul has good stuff. Go to your favorite dealer and see what brands he carries....just make sure you are looking at "Long Life" performance coolant. Usually Blue, but occasionally Orange in color (I think VW branded is orange).

·
Registered
301 Posts
Make sure you always have extra on hand if the product you use is only available online. I do purchase all of my fluids online as they are less than half the price locally, but everything I use I make sure is available locally in case of an emergency.

·
Registered
14,489 Posts
wtf??????

Go to the auto parts store and buy a gallon of Prestone anti-freeze, then go to the

market and buy a gallon of distilled water mix according to the directions

DONE.....

Stop painting yourself into corners by buying motorcycle specific crap that's hard to

get......like oil filters the best filter you can get for a 1st gen MV is a Purolator

PL -14612 ~ $7 at the auto parts store....

I run Mobile -1 20w50 available anywhere, I buy it at Walmart on sale

How about the big fuel pump plate O-rings .....$11 at the MV dealer and it's an 80mi trip

Or $7.48 for 25 O-rings delivered to my door by McMaster-Carr

:popcorn:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts