MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys - ol'78 has developed a coolant leak. After lots of poking around, Im being told that the seal by the impeller is shot and is being targeted as a manufacturing defect with the 07's. Puddles the size of half dollars showing, even after standing still for a day...

·
Registered
398 Posts
MV Manhattan said:
Guys - ol'78 has developed a coolant leak. After lots of poking around, Im being told that the seal by the impeller is shot and is being targeted as a manufacturing defect with the 07's. Puddles the size of half dollars showing, even after standing still for a day...
What I don't understand is this is a known problem since the release of the F4 models. I had the same problem with both my 2002's.

How can it still be a manufactures defect with it being a problem for so many years. Am I to understand that the impeller your talking about is the water pump impeller? If so that is a known problem since 1998 for goodness sake!!! And they still haven't gotten it fixed right in 2007 models??? :jsm:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rramseyr said:
What I don't understand is this is a known problem since the release of the F4 models. I had the same problem with both my 2002's.

How can it still be a manufactures defect with it being a problem for so many years. Am I to understand that the impeller your talking about is the water pump impeller? If so that is a known problem since 1998 for goodness sake!!! And they still haven't gotten it fixed right in 2007 models??? :jsm:
yes its the water pump impeller, they think

·
Registered
398 Posts
MV Manhattan said:
yes its the water pump impeller, they think
This is not just a known defect for 2007 models it is a KNOWN defect for all MV Agusta models.

This is really getting old for this to happen to each and every model year range. The crazy thing is there are some MV owners that don't experience it but others do. I was the unlucky owner who had it with both my MV's.

I am just again very, very surprised it is still happening with 2006/2007. It is really easy to fix just make sure they replace the entire unit all at once not just the impeller.

·
Registered
398 Posts
MV Manhattan said:
Thanks. You can be sure I will mention the history of this when I bring it in....:rant: :rant: :rant:
I just hope they don't deny it's a problem.

Take a look at james MV FAQ and it is a KNOWn problem to MV owners for years now. If it is truely a water pump issue then it is common knowledge this happens with MV's.

Water Pump Leak

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
MV Manhattan said:

MV..How many Km/s have you done on your Senna? Cheers.... :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Gary,

Yes! Within the first week and 600 miles of getting my F4R I had two small puddles under my bike. I contacted the dealer and they ordered the parts to fix the known defect. ATD did not replace the seals and impeller at 600 miles and I have not had any problem since and 700 more miles. ATD has my parts and I will keep an eye on the problem.

Fix yours under warranty and forget it. Sometimes a manufacturer gets a bad batch of seals and they have to deal with the fallout.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts