MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking to drain out the coolant from the RC 800 and replace with Engine Ice and I can't find any write-ups or videos anywhere- does anyone know where I might see one or is anyone planning on creating one?

I'm looking for the drain plug and fill top spots and tips.

Thanks guys~

·
Super Moderator
22,493 Posts
Donsy went to great length to get the manuals so everyone had free access.

The Frame Manual for the 800 shows the process.

These are workshop manuals with very good detail.

Here, I'll make it insanely easy for you: Team Double 3 Racing | MV Agusta

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you SS703, I downloaded the related manuals but they show the same info as in the supplied manual which is topping off the coolant reservoir with a syringe- which is helpful. I am looking for a full flush of the system and replacing with new coolant- i can't find info on the drain plug used to drain the system as well as any tips on refilling with new coolant.

Thank you for those links- very helpful.

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
22,493 Posts
Thank you SS703, I downloaded the related manuals but they show the same info as in the supplied manual which is topping off the coolant reservoir with a syringe- which is helpful. I am looking for a full flush of the system and replacing with new coolant- i can't find info on the drain plug used to drain the system as well as any tips on refilling with new coolant.

Thank you for those links- very helpful.

Cheers
You'll need to download the F3 675 "engine manual" from:

Team Double 3 Racing | MV Agusta
The Frame Manual for the 3 Cylinder Bikes has a COOLANT SUBSTITUTION section. Section B, page 13 is where the process starts:

F3 Coolant Substitution.jpg

That whole process took me 5 minutes to find. Donsy's uploaded manuals are in SEARCHABLE PDF format. Right click on the manual, put the word COOLANT in the search box and forward through the manual to find everything you ever wanted to know about coolant.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Reactions: kevjayney

·
Super Moderator
22,493 Posts
Keep in mind that you are switching from ETHYLENE GLYCOL to PROPYLENE GLYCOL.

This means that you will have to do a couple of drain and fill evolutions. The two coolants are not compatible.

When I switched to Engine Ice, I performed two pure water flushes to ensure that the Ethylene Glycol was removed before I added the Engine Ice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts