MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the coolant capacity of the MV F4S is? I have checked the owners manual and the web - but can't seem to find this..

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Im sure you will find this in the workshop manual, there is a link to a downloadable one on this site, good luck and let all know what it is!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup - I checked the owners manual, Parts List & Engine Workshop Manual (that was the only one I could find on-line).

Anyone have the actual workshop manual? Does it state coolant capacity?
Heck - while you are looking - how many quarts of oil does the bike take?

Thank you again!

·
Registered
375 Posts
The workshop manual does not state the coolant capacity.

As for oil, it will take 3 liters with a filter change.

·
Registered
474 Posts
amarzano said:
Anyone have the actual workshop manual? Does it state coolant capacity?
Heck - while you are looking - how many quarts of oil does the bike take?

Thank you again!
1. It's right under your nose in Articles section. http://mvagusta.net/articles/23 I was blind and now I see :p
2. Not to my knowledge
3. What's a quart? :stickpoke Have to be a few litres of coolant required, no?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the location of the Manual. I am new to this site - but that would have been REALLY helpful last weekend!! :)

I didn't see anything on the actually capacity of the cooling system. The reason I am asking is that I drained the system and refilled it. Knowing the capacity would ensure that I put enough in and there were no problems.. Everything seems ok - but I'm just a worry wort!! :blush:

Thank you again..

Alex

·
Registered
878 Posts
They are known to trap a little air in there. After a little ride the fluid may come out of the overflow and spill on your lower fairing (also do that in the show room sometimes!). Just recheck the level after you top it off, after a ride...

·
Registered
14 Posts
coolant

it is becoming standard practice in oz to keep the coolant level just above minimum mark, if you fill to the full mark you will may loose coolant after every ride untill untill it settles down to just above the minimum mark again, i'm not sure if this a warm climate issue :blah:

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Swapped my Brutale's coolant to engine ice.
Took exactly 1/2 gal. to full mark.
Though the F4 has a larger radiator, so take that into consideration.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts