MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't see anything in the expansion bottle on my B3 800 and the bung turns but doesn't unscrew as if it's been over tightened or cross threaded at some point. It looks like there is another fill point from the top but the tank will need to be lifted. Is this right?
Are the bung threads sensitive to over tightness? As far as I know the bike has only ever been serviced my MV (Melbourne). I'm a little worried now about how much coolant is in the system.
New owner by 5 days and maintenance/repair costs are starting to add up.
I'm 250km from the dealer too.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've heard other folks mention how sensitive that plastic is to cross-threading. Not a hard thing to replace but you have to wonder what they charge for a new bottle.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I've sprung a leak in my rad so been using the coolant bottle to top up. I'm sure the manual showed where to put it to and you can download it from this site

You should see the green stuff in there though

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Lifted the tank yesterday to put about 100ml of coolant in via the top. I'll replace the bottle at the 12,000km service along with anything else that's designed to cause grief!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Check the radiator too! You can still see coolant in the bottle if your radiator is low. Also, I've heard of a few people having their threads wrecked by trying to turn the screw while the bottle was hot....which makes sense.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Bung turning is a known issue and should be a warranty item. It's not a cross threading issue, the insert just turns.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts