MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the bike for a ride this morning and when I stopped, the coolant started spilling out from the overflow. Then the bike was overheating whir riding. Anyone have this problem? I have 4,000 miles on the bike. I'm not mechanical so is this something the warranty would cover?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
895 Posts
It has been quite common for the F3 to spit out some coolant until it finds it's 'happy' level, so you are not alone there. When you say it was overheating, are you referring to the coolant coming out, or the temp level on your dash. Mine tends to run at four bars in summer, will get to five when I'm stuck at traffic lights or riding hard, and I have seen it at six on my gopro when Donsy was riding it on the track on a 40c day.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well what happened was I pulled into a gas station while my friend gassed up, he pointed at my bike and the coolant was coming out and steaming. then as I was riding the temp on the dash was hitting max, I wasn't getting any red warning light or anything. As I rode the temp would come back down but when stopped at lights it went back up to max. I am in Southern California and it was very hot today. Although it's usually pretty hot here. Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help, not sure if I should take it back out or take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Freaking hot today. I saw 95+ F

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so the bike has cooled down now and I just checked it. All the coolant seems to be gone which would explain the over heating but now I need to find out how it all leaked out in the first place. very annoying, never had problems with my honda

·
Registered
895 Posts
Are you talking about no coolant in the radiator, or in the overflow tank? My overflow tank level is just below the minimum line (look on the left hand side), and has been since the first time I got the bike really hot - on the dyno at about 1000km. Now have done 9500km including half a dozen track days with no problems. Check your radiator level if you haven't already, you will have to take off the r/h fairing panel.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was talking about there overflow tank but now I will check the radiator. thanks for the advise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts