·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
798 Posts
This is the flyscreen that was featured on the Brutale in the Robb Report. Putting the pics up side by side, I much prefer the one now being sold by eMoto. I can't wait to some pics from someone that has actually installed the eMoto unit.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
What...that matt Hoover design one is dope. It's functional, and invisible compared to the others...i.e. it still looks naked.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Yeah...it's just a rendering. :-(

I saw the Robb Report screen in person. It looked great but they were estimating a $450 price tag. I'll be ordering a screen from eMoto in the next few days.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Anybody else notice that teh Brutale pictured in Post 1, has Dzus fasteners for the headlight???? Pretty novel idea....

·
Registered
44 Posts
I wonder if we could get the Matt Hoover design into limited production - that's the only one I would consider putting on the bike.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi, guys. Thanks for the positive comments about my fly screen design. It only exists in 3d (maya), so it's not real - I just wanted to give the community something to see and hopefully spur a manufacturer into making a fly screen that's functional and yet still goes with the lines of the machine (and keeping the sinister look of the 910r). I kind of borrowed the general idea from the F4 screen with a "bubble" design. I also felt that it needed to widen at the edges to cover some of the bars and a bit of the reservoirs. I really don't think that much is needed to make an effective windbreak. You can see the edge curves upward at the end for that last bit of deflection without being BMW large.

The problem is, this is just a concept and still doesn't take into account the mounting method. If any manufacturer or small time guys want to take it on and make them, go for it - but I get a free one when done, with 10% royalty on each sold. Any takers?

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Welcome! Matt, and congrats on the 910R...

I like your screen concept, very nice design! I think the issue of mounting will need to be resolved in a careful way so the original transparent and minimalist concept will not be ruined...

Perhaps Emoto, our forum sponsor would be interested in producing it? :stickpoke :naughty: :naughty:

so you are a MV fan...
- Matt

'05 F4100 & '06 910R Brutale
I assume you meant 05 F4 1000?

watch out for admin's :stickpoke :stickpoke for registry submission :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just a heads up if you guys didn't see it- I posted a few pics of my Biondi screen in the customizing section.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts