MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've discussed the indicators on F4's before, the fact that sometimes the mirror contacts can cause problems etc. I've just been out for a run of about 50 miles at errr. quite high speeds (well what do you have a F4 for in the first place?) It's also been a lovely day here with temps in the mid 20's. :blah: Anyhow, indicators packed up about half way around and when I got home I checked the relay (close to the cylinder head on the LHS as you sit on the bike, behind the fairing panel) It was bloody hot as you would expect but I mean really hot, :cussing: I unplugged it and cleaned the contacts, both male and female with a proprietory solvent and hey presto, it works fine again now. :) But I don't think it was the contacts which were dirty, more the relay was too hot. :mad: Has anybody else had the same problem, especially those guys who are fortunate enough to live where mid 20's temp is a normal, even cool day? Thats about 80F for you guys who still work in farenheit BTW.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey brother,
I have had so many problems with my blinkers that I could not even begin to help you, I just wanted you to know that you are not alone...BY the way "KEEP ONE WHEEL DOWN" ??? Ive been known to get a little air under both from time to time! And not just when I crash...Ha Ha Ha

Be well-
-FBD

P.S. When is junior getting a used F-4 750? That is the plan right?

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha ha Ha he better deliver a few more papers first! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Hi John,

In Texas I've been on 12 hour 115f/46C air temps (in the shade) without problems from the relay. Hopefully it was just the dirty/loose contact. Perhaps others have different experience but I would have expected to run into this problem here if it existed?

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you checked the relay?

·
Registered
822 Posts
My left signal doesnt work when the bike is running, but the right works fine. Also, if i accelerate past 8K, the hi beam turns on all by itself!

·
Registered
822 Posts
minime said:
The fuse should blow way before the blinker relay shits itself.
No it wont, the fuse is not affected by heat, and relays are. The only thing that will blow a fuse is a spike in electrical current.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts