MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm off work today because I worked over the weekend. I have plenty of chores I should be doing, but I decided to take it easy and cook up a nice pot roast.

Went to the grocery store, got a rump roast (it was the best deal, I'm a sucker for good deals) and then brought it home and threw it on the grill to sear it up really nice. Used mesquite with charcoal. I put some chili powder on it for good measure.

Now it's in the pot simmering with a sauce I concocted out of a few different recipes I found. It includes beer, of course. Gotta let it simmer probably 3 hours or so I guess.

And in the meantime, I'm still not going to do my chores. :popcorn: :friday:

·
Registered
756 Posts
That sounds like a productive day so far to me. :) Roast beast with chili powder, beer and mesquite prep...making me hungry...and thirsty :friday: Cheers from the East Coast...I'm about to jump on the 910R for the short commute home and get the fixins ready for a little Halloween party

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anything special planned for the party? Halloween parties are fun.

We're going to have a quiet Halloween. Every year we buy pounds upon pounds of candy, and give it all away (what are we doing to these kids?) but this year we're just going to dig into the pot roast and watch DVDs or something. Hope nobody TPs the house...

That roast is really making the house smell nice. I gotta do this more often.

Got a 12 pack of Dos Equis at the store to go along with the roast, although I'm a wimp. 2 or 3 beers a week for me. I guess I can make up for it today though... :friday:

·
Registered
756 Posts
We live in the middle of a small town so get tons of kids. The mommies man the fort while the dads do the heavy lifting/walking with the children. Heineken keg cans are chilled. Stuff the backback and we are ready to roll - restock as necessary :friday:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
acruhl said:
So I'm off work today because I worked over the weekend. I have plenty of chores I should be doing, but I decided to take it easy and cook up a nice pot roast.

Went to the grocery store, got a rump roast (it was the best deal, I'm a sucker for good deals) and then brought it home and threw it on the grill to sear it up really nice. Used mesquite with charcoal. I put some chili powder on it for good measure.

Now it's in the pot simmering with a sauce I concocted out of a few different recipes I found. It includes beer, of course. Gotta let it simmer probably 3 hours or so I guess.

And in the meantime, I'm still not going to do my chores. :popcorn: :friday:
will there be pictures.....
and perhaps a nice video uploaded to see the CARVING
that would be great

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heh, I just took a picture of it and it really didn't look too appetizing so I didn't post it.

The flash turned the sauce orange (it's really dark brown).

Oh well. I figure it's better to not rub it in anyway. (why don't we have a smiley for eating? heh)

Pot roasts are pretty easy to do all in all. There's not a heck of a lot to it. Just let it cook for a good long time, for the most part. You can even do it in the crock pot.

Maybe I'll post more stuff about cooking. I got a nice chili recipe, which of course also includes beer... I like to cook it up once in a while.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Post up the recipe's Andy.
We are in the Kitchen sink after all ... ;)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The pot roast could have come out better. I put the vegetables in too early, and didn't cook the meat at a quite high enough temperature I think...

Moral of the story is, (other than don't drink too many beers and scotches while cooking) wait for the meat to start falling apart on the outside before you add the vegetables. Depending on how thick the roast is, it may take a while for that "falling apart" action to make it deeper inside... If you poke it with a plastic spoon, it should start to come apart. That's when you add the vegetables. There's probably a better, more scientific method for doing this, but oh well.

(I knew this, I just should have not been impatient because the damn thing smelled so good it was killing me.)

Anyway, it's by no means bad, it's just not perfect. Which is how pot roasts come out sometimes...

At work today, so eating it for lunch too.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Domesticated! Them's fightin words.

Nah, I just like food so much that I figure it's best if I just cook it myself. Going out and getting all you can eat sushi as much as we were was enough to fund my racing almost! Heh.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts