MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will forks from a 2007 model F4 fit on an older model F4. Is it a simple matter of just swapping them? I know the brake disc are different sizes and calipers need to be changed.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
yes, they will fit. You'll also need the radial fork axle and spacers (depending on your wheels), and new brake lines.

·
Registered
14,415 Posts
number2;

you will need the spacers (all MVs use the same wheel bearings <'10, '10+ ???)

and brake lines

that said there are radial bottoms available for the early style big axle and 310mm and 320mm discs you use different spacers

they are going on my '05.....it already has radials but I don't like the bottoms

·
King of Bling
9,817 Posts
Noel

The brake lines for the Radial set up on MV's has a different brake caliper union angle and brake hose length to the early Showa none radial set up..

Depending on what calipers you're using, the F4 1000R or F4 312 factory front brake line will do the job..

·
Registered
14,415 Posts
?

John;
go back and look at post #4

I know they need brake lines...

my '05 has radials, big axle, 310mm discs, PVM hydraulics and Cycle Cat riser bars

next new bottoms for 310 or 320 discs

got them, just haven't put them on

:drummer:

·
Registered
819 Posts
John;
go back and look at post #4

I know they need brake lines...

my '05 has radials, big axle, 310mm discs, PVM hydraulics and Cycle Cat riser bars

next new bottoms for 310 or 320 discs

got them, just haven't put them on

With radial forks on the bike wouldn't one be able to switch between the different size rotors by adding/subtracting a 5mm spacer set between the caliper/fork?

·
Registered
255 Posts
With radial forks on the bike wouldn't one be able to switch between the different size rotors by adding/subtracting a 5mm spacer set between the caliper/fork?
Not exactly.
E.g.: The radial bottoms from Brutale 910R forks are made to fit the 320mm rotors and you cannot subtract anything to fit the 310mm ones, but on the Brutale 989R, the radial fork bottoms, that are made to accept the 310mm rotors, you can add 5mm spacers to fit the 320mm ones.:nerd:

Cheers,
Laur.

·
King of Bling
9,817 Posts
Laur is correct... I noticed this issue when the later radial fork Brutales were launched.

However, this isn't the case with the post 2010 F4's, and you can swap between disc options by interchanging the space between the caliper and fork mounting... Ducati do a nice OEM CNC machined spacer for their 1098 which does the job..

·
Registered
819 Posts
Not exactly.
E.g.: The radial bottoms from Brutale 910R forks are made to fit the 320mm rotors and you cannot subtract anything to fit the 310mm ones, but on the Brutale 989R, the radial fork bottoms, that are made to accept the 310mm rotors, you can add 5mm spacers to fit the 320mm ones.:nerd:

Cheers,
Laur.

Ah, now i see says the blind man. And i suppose suggesting 'trimming down' something on the Agusta for more options is sacrosanct round these parts.

·
Registered
14,415 Posts

Yes,
my aftermarket CNC bottoms came with 2 sets of spacers for 310 & 320 discs
they are NOT FLAT spacers, the bottoms are counterbored to fit them
:naughty:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts