MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm thinking about adding an early model F4 into my stable. I just like the classic look of it, and just admire its beauty. I'm leaning towards an early 2000s F4 750.

Anyways, I like to ride my bikes, instead of just admiring them, so just wanted to ask few questions about F4 750s before plunking down the cash.

1. I've read quite a bit about the hubs here on the forum. Is it really that notoriously bad?

2. F4 Overheating issues. Did 750s share this fate as well?

3. Is it an easy DIY bike? I work on all my cars and bikes, so I'm fairly mechanically handy.

4. Reliability issue? How's electronics?

5. Any issues I should be aware of?

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks,

Ted

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
If it's an early 750, make sure it's got the twin radiators. Looks wise I don't know what the difference is between a 2000 as apposed to a 2003.
1. If you don't know for sur about the hub history, I'd service and replace those bearing immediately.
2. Not as bad as the 1000's, an EPROM upgrade can sort this easily.
3. Yes, easy to work on, we have all the manuals.
4. There's not much as fas as electronics goes, don't reverse install the battery.
5. Later models had slightly higher handlebars for improved comfort, read about well nut replacent.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I've got a 750 sr model 2004 year model, only issues I've had is the rear hub failing under warranty and doing $4000 damage and some stalling issues which have been sorted. You don't want the hub to fail while you are riding like it happened to me.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
I have a 2000 750 F4. I runs like a charm. It was imported by myself to New Zealand from Florida and I've put about 20,000 kilometres on her.
As with all things mechanical it is better to be proactive than reactive. You'll enjoy working on an F4 if you invest in the right tools. Simplicity.
The 2000 F4 was down on horsepower / torque from subsequent models but hustles along well enough.
The larger capacity 1000 cc F4s can run hot (not overheat) but I've seen none of this from the 750. Less fuel = less heat generated.
Hubs - again, be proactive and avoid the 2 bearing killers: Over torqued swing arm pinch bolts and an overtightened drive chain.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for the replies!

I have not made up my mind yet, but no deal breakers yet, either!

I must say, though, that having a forum with a lot of knowledgeable members is definitely a plus.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks all for the replies!

I have not made up my mind yet, but no deal breakers yet, either!

I must say, though, that having a forum with a lot of knowledgeable members is definitely a plus.
I agree with you mate, This forum is indeed full of very helpful advise from the members. So the question of the day- Did you bite the bullet or not? :stickpoke

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
This forum is indeed full of very helpful advise from the members......
Yes it is.......Buy a Brutale. Chicks dig Brutie riders, it's a scientific fact. :naughty:

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts