MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good day fellow MV family,

since a year and 12 days i am a owner of a MV Agusta F4R MY12.
Bought it brand new.
since the first 44 KM i'am experiencing problems and since that day not one but now 12 different ones to be exact.
Since i have started a law suit i cant and wont go into details about it (YET).
my reaction will stand with the outcome of this all but rest assure i will post a fully detailed post here to let people here now what they could expect buying a bike from the dealer and importer which i got mine from.

the way i have been treated so far cant be discriped.
Even though at one point my life was literally at stake doing 180+ KMH.

what i want to ask is.

i have to wait till the lawsuit is over but i am going to writhe a full rapport which i want to send to MV Agusta Italy.
they have to know what happened from my point off view. as i cant imagine (and hope) that they approve this from a dealer and importer off there brand.
does anyone have any experience about how they handle such a thing.

I like to hear you're tips ore remarks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Why has this thread been moved ?
This will evolve in a full rapport about the industry of MV.
My experience with my offical MV Agusta dealer and Importer.
With a fair warning what to expect.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Sad to hear that you've had to take it so far. customer service can sometimes be far below what we expect from such an exclusive brand.
It will be really interesting to read the full story, when you can make it public, especially being in the same country. Hope you get it all resolved.

Dave.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah its really sad actually my bike is since last October at the dealer
Haven't been able to drive it since.
Which is breaking me up at the moment to be onest.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Why has this thread been moved ?
This will evolve in a full rapport about the industry of MV.
My experience with my offical MV Agusta dealer and Importer.
With a fair warning what to expect.
No details, means no review.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
What are your problems with the bike?

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
What are the Dutch consumer protection laws relating to your problems? Each state/country has different legal ramifications for consumer protection.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
for now i cant go into details about who is de dealer and importer (Yet).

but what i experienced i can tell.
bare in mind that this is from the first 44 km that i have driven the bike. and that its a brand new one.

1 loss of back brake within 44km
2 dip in engine within 3000 to 4000 rpm a total loss off power literally tipping over. only happens in corners when i ask for power.
3 faring back side din't fit at all.
4 2nd time loss of back brake doing 180 KMH coming on to the back side of a car. emergency lane saved me there. (i only use the back brake if its really necessary).
5 traction control failure sensor broken
6 bike didn't go faster then 86 KMH in every gear.
7 blinkers didn't work any more
8 mapping wasn't right bike ride was rough on the gas and lack off response. so new mapping
9 computer was rebuild.
10 with 1000 km check up a piece off steelcame out of the oil 4-2-2 mm
11 screws came out of the bike which they randomly replaced with ones that where different then the other
12 damaged fairing when i got the bike from the dealer.

the bike now has 2929 KM on the odometer.

about the law in Holland you have to give them a chance to fix it.
and if they cant then a solution has to be figured out by law money back ore replacement of the bike ether the same one ore better.
i had one technical check up so far by someone who just learn to tie his shoelaces i think.
didn't now anything about bikes. and it was because of my extreme riding that the bike has problems.
i still have chicken stripes on my tires so extreme nahhh not yet.

its been over a year now that i have the bike and its in the shop at the dealer since last October because i think its not safe to ride.

they say they have contacted Mv Agusta Italy but the way things went i don't think they did. there for i want to write a full rapport and send it over see how they feel about this bike they provided to the market and how there official importer and dealer take care off the family as they call it. i cant and wont believe they all have these kind of problems but that i got that bikes that has them all. and as i don't believe Italy now about these problems i want to be sure they do. if i get a answer ore not. I'm hoping for a follow up from Italy and something like a investigation about the importer and dealer about how they provides service to there customers.

whit the above mentioned problems i got a note from importer. just go and ride we fixed everything (they didn't find a thing, well at least not the ones that mather) you will get you're confidence back eventually. did a test run and on a straight road up to a roundabout i went flat out to see if the traction control would kick in. i never drifted up a roundabout before but that time i did. so in order of safety i stopped the test run early. that was after a full 6 month of problems and trying to fix them. for me that was the moment that i was done with it. and started a lawsuit.

ohh small note i drive a Brutale 1090R from a friend of mine as well my12.
which has the exact same electronics as mine, and it drives like a charm driven it yesterday with a big smile on my face.
tires are gone but a confidence it gives me when i ride. so i am sure mine can do better than it does now and that the problems i have aren't normal.

·
Registered
639 Posts
So, your dealer and the importer both say the bike is good.
This means it should be no problem to give you an extremely good trading price , the bike being in a mint condition.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
They made me a offer to trade it in which would cost me money.
On the other hand then the bike would stay on the streets with the possibility that someone else would have these problems plus the risk of falling ore worse.

I can't let that happen I don't want to hear a fellow biker fall ore get hurt on a bike that i know it has problems.
They can't find solutions to several problems which means they are still unsolved in my eyes not according to them.
And then again I didn't buy a mv to depart of it within a year. The moments that I used it it was great fun. But the trust in this bike is a bit gone after all that I encountered.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I think this will become a time consuming operation.
Did you try contacting another (more skilled) dealer??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's already time consuming.
And since i bought the bike brand new and gave them 7 months to fix all the problems plus how I have been treated I ether want my money back ore a new one. This what we are working on at the moment.
Unless they find the problem then it's a different story.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I contacted MV Italy once and they acted quickly contacting the US rep who contacted me and fixed the issue.

I think my case was a little different as included in my letter back then all issues I previously had with my F4, with my Brutale and then with the CC.

In summary, when buying an MV, you should expect problems. But also solutions, which apparently you are not getting.

Hope they can really fix your problems and you get to ride the bike soon.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Do you mind sharing the name of the dealer?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
The rear brakes on these bikes is nothing to rely on and should NOT be the depending factor in saving you from a crash. If you're pushing your front brakes to the limit on a non-abs system, then the rear contact is so minimal it would probably just lock up anyways. Had that happen the other day and I didn't even think my rear brake COULD lock the tire.

The TC system is also a bit tricky to test since if you're rolling hard on the throttle, even with TC set to 8, it will start drifting thinking everything is honky dory. It requires a sudden loss in traction, I believe the rpm increase over time is reduced at higher TC settings, like hitting centerline, debris, etc... under load to get the rpms to spike and trigger the TC. Maybe the ABS bikes get more logic where it'll see the variance between front and rear rotation speed, but that's not what you have.

Were you riding in Sport or Normal mode when you encountered the dead power spots in the turns? I find normal mode gave too much hesitation for my riding style and just stopped using it. TC should be enough to get me through the rain :)

Your other issues are definitely a concern with the dealer, some of it just sounds par for the course for an MV, though I agree they should be addressed as they've been that way for far too long.

Good luck with your legal pursuit, watch out when stating any riding behaviour that is beyond legal as this can only hurt you legally...you always ride like law abiding citizen following proper break in procedure. I hope it works out for you, but if you get a new one, don't expect perfection.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I tried everything that the bike has. Just to find out if the power loss comes from any of them. Figured out that it's a random thing on what setting I set it on.
The rear brake had a leak in the system it pulled valse air. After losing it two times they figured that out.

About the TC I tested it on a wet surface normale mode I pulled it flat out to see if it would react.
didn't do squat since I went side ways.
As for the brutale that I drive it has the exact same system on it as the f4 both are from 2012. That reacts totaly different then my bike. As for the importer has confirmed that it is exact the same I should experience the same as well.

ty for the feedback be.

·
Registered
279 Posts
What are the Dutch consumer protection laws relating to your problems? Each state/country has different legal ramifications for consumer protection.

For the Netherland, EU consumer protection laws do apply, wich are the best you can get wordwide. If there is evidence of the issues, I doubt a EU manufacturer would go for the risk of a legal process, he would order the dealer to fix everything.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just got word there will be a 2nd technical inspection on the bike.
Hopefully next week ore so.

And so the story continues

1 - 20 of 23 Posts