MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little help for a newbie. :ahhh:

Previously, I owned a 06 Triumph Speed Triple, (great preformer) as a results of a crash with a cager I am shopping for a new bike. I was considering anew Speed Triple but I went to the local Dealer saw the 910 S and fell in love. the bike is BEAUTIFUL, the mags seem to love it. What is your opinion, Speed triple or 910S

I haven't been able to test drive (dealer won't permit) so I am trying to get as much input that I can.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
S3 it a beast no doubt, but it doesn't handle like the Brutale, nor is it anywhere near as nice, or as reliable.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
You ask on an MV forum? Brutale of course...

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I haven't ridden a Brutale but I have had a go on the speed triple and I didn't like it one bit. :jsm: Funny, because I also rode the Sprint ST (with the same engine) and I thought that was a great bike. :wtf:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am already hooked ....it is the Brutale....regardless of being on this site or not. The thing is beautiful. I just want to be reassured. Good to hear that some members believe it will be more reliable.

I have spent the last several months on the RAT (Triumph S3 site) and they are quite passionate, it is a nice bike, very easy to ride, power in the right places but missing refinement.

As I explained to a friend, a Corvette Z06 can out perform a Porsches but a Corvette is a Corvette and a Porsche is a Porsche. As they say "there is no subsitute" and the Brutalle is a Ferrari!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Both companies do a nice job but they are two very good but very different bikes. My take? The Triumph is too M-O-R in appearance, handling, performance and rider stimulation. Dull, dull, dull. But that's MY take. The trick is to find the right bike for you.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Finao said:
I am already hooked ....it is the Brutale....regardless of being on this site or not. The thing is beautiful. I just want to be reassured. Good to hear that some members believe it will be more reliable.

I have spent the last several months on the RAT (Triumph S3 site) and they are quite passionate, it is a nice bike, very easy to ride, power in the right places but missing refinement.

As I explained to a friend, a Corvette Z06 can out perform a Porsches but a Corvette is a Corvette and a Porsche is a Porsche. As they say "there is no subsitute" and the Brutalle is a Ferrari!
I have both now, although my S3 is vintage 2000. I do love the S3 and have never regretted owning it. It is reliable, strong, smooth, and very easy to maintain.

The 910 is all of these to excess, excluding the smooth... No one will accuse the 910 of being anything short of aggressive - near angry, I'd say.

I don't ride the S3 much, now - I guess that says more than all the other crap I just typed in...

Have fun and stay away from cagers.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
dearpixel said:
Brutale gives you one extra cylinder, S3 one extra headlight. This could be difficult.

haha...yeah, it's a crapshoot then.

dunno about other regions, but a S3 goes for a few thousand less. Should be a factor. May try a friends S3 tomorrow, but haven't yet done the naked bike comparo myself just yet.

both bikes have character....gotta love that.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Finao said:
...I went to the local Dealer saw the 910 S and fell in love...
Dude - you've already bought the bike. You just haven't signed the papers! I know. The same thing happened to me.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
fazer6 said:
S3 it a beast no doubt, but it doesn't handle like the Brutale, nor is it anywhere near as nice, or as reliable.

I ride with a couple S3 owners...Triumph is nowhere near as fun. Also, the windblast on them is SIGNIFICANTLY higher than the already decent amount on the Brutale.... I also didn't care for the ergo's...Brutale times 10 on this decision. Although a white S3 looks swank, it looks nowhere near as swank as a Brutale...

·
Registered
186 Posts
TokyoLunch said:
haha...yeah, it's a crapshoot then.
BUT... If the second headlight doubled as a 4th cylinder when you needed it...

I personally don't like the S3 when viewed in person... However on the internets it is a very nice looking bike.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi Finaro !
If you try the 910... humm your done !!
i try the speed triple 1050 and the daytona 675 plus a "old used" brutale 750 on the same day...
i signed the 910 48 hours laters after the trial... was too long to get it !!
zeb

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Well, today I went out and spent a decent amount of time on my friend's S3. I have to admit, I really liked it. It's a lot easier to ride than the Brutale. I would guess that would help in town (this was in some mountain type roadds). Not as snatchy, but that's not a huge surprise. engine didn't have as much punch as I would have expected. But not too shabby.

Another guy was there who didn't own either, he preferred the Brutale to the two. He comes from more of a racing/sportsbike type background. Me? I've had MVs for about 9 months and never had a non-touring bike before that. So the S3 was nice for me. I think better/harder riders will appreciate the Brutale more.

don't care for the looks quite as much though. The front I don't like at all. The back is not bad, twin cans and single sided swingarm are cool. Doesn't beat the brute....

Had a test rode the Triple before the Brute, maybe things would have been different....but too bad, I didn't. haha. Still love my Brutale. :) :)

Maybe I could also fit the S3 in the garage? hmmmm...... :naughty:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts