MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

New to this forum, so first off hello to everyone. Considering on buying 2006 Brutale 910. It would be my first Italian bike. Although I'm interested to "test out new waters", I'm also a bit hesitant since I have no knowledge on reliability. Person who is selling has service records and bike has 11,7xx miles. Is there anything anyone could advise/suggest I should be looking for? Or perhaps convince me I shouldn't go for it? (Hard to believe though, this being MV forum)

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just purchased a 2006 Brutale 910s last week. This is also my first Italian bike. All my previous bikes have been Jap. You are going to love the bike! I can't comment on reliability but i did search the forums quite a bit before hand. I found the following:

SPU should be replaced, being its a 2006, this has more than likely already been done.
Make sure the headlight lens is sealed tightly. If it is loose, take it off and re-seal it.
The bike stent to run a little hot. This can be corrected by adding a second radiator fan or getting a different water pump.

·
Registered
917 Posts
or get rid of the cat- definitely runs cooler without, and sounds better too. Check the rear hub. I put over 50,000 miles on mine, it was awesome. Few little things here and there, but nothing not easily dealt with.

·
Registered
22 Posts
or get rid of the cat- definitely runs cooler without, and sounds better too. Check the rear hub. I put over 50,000 miles on mine, it was awesome. Few little things here and there, but nothing not easily dealt with.
cats are gone on mine. I have the Arrow headers and mid with stock mufflers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts