MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all....

Would greatly appreciate any advice on MV F4s that anyone can provide.

Currently upgrading from Suzi GSXR750 1994 & exploring the possibilty of an F4.

Mechanical faults, servicing costs, parts etc. are a concern & looking for advice in these areas. How these bikes behave with middle range kms/miles & servicing/engine rebuild??? that might be required. Have heard these bikes have a history of mechanical problems.

Looking forward to your feedback!

Lulu

·
Registered
383 Posts
It might help if you browse the forum topics already posted, it might answer some of the questions you have...By the way, I haven't heard or didn't hear about too many mechanical problems with the MV before or after I purchased one...but thats just me.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
:) Firstly lulu, welcome to the forum!

The questions you ask are very broad and would take some time to answer in detail....suggestions, read the many posts on this forum that cover most of your questions, buy or read some recent F4 bike mag write ups/comparos, but have a health dose of 'don't beleive all you read' when you do!
And then if anything is not answered, i can assure you someone on this forum will know the answer.

For all its worth, in my experience there are no maintenence or mechanical problems with the MV's....not systemic at any rate, what they are though are top quality Italian machines that are a delight to own. :)

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Lulu_gems said:
Have heard these bikes have a history of mechanical problems

You've heard wrong :)

Many people on these forums have multiple marques in the garage. Other than a rare exception (usually down to dealer inexperience) the very very very vast majority of bikes are extremely reliable. They are at least as reliable (more so in my own experience) as any benchmark you care to hold it to whether that be honda, suzuki, kawasaki, yamaha or ducati, triumph, aprilia.

Buy the bike with thoughts about ergonomics, handling and power.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I agree absolutely, just go get one, you'll love it. :smoking:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys!

Thanks guys for the constructive advice on the F4s

Will browse through the forum as advised to source my questions.

Cheers,

lulu.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts