MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a '04 cbr 1000 and thinking of trading it in for an MV.i want to know how dependable these bikes are and does it have the balls of my cbr? what kinda maintenance do MV's need besides the usual tires/chain oil change.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
My '07 has been very dependable. They require regular maintenance every 7500 miles. Other than that just oil changes, and cleaning/lubricating the chain. Not really much different than Jap bikes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
F4

saw one the other day and my jaw dropped.i don't think there's too many here in washington state.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
saw one the other day and my jaw dropped.i don't think there's too many here in washington state.
Mine will be there in a couple of weeks! We will be moving to longview early August.

I have a 2010....great bike. Regular maintenance like any other bike, but parts take longer to get and dealers are harder to come by. In Washington I think you have bellview kawasaki/mv and Moto corsa down in Portland.

It will make you forget all about your CBR....trust me.

I have not ridden any of the older models, the 2010 is more user friendly in terms of riding position, not over heating, and fueling from what I hear.

Only thing with MV or Ducati is that they are made by hand....some bikes have issues some bikes don't. It's the price you pay for exclusivity. Knock on wood, my MV has been issue free, but my Ducati had a lot of problems.

·
Registered
879 Posts
No Looking Back

You'll fall in love with the MV from the moment you see it. As a bike with a small production number, you need to be proactive wrt maintenance. Two things to keep in mind:

1) If you buy a new MV (2009-present) and it breaks, you'll be waiting a long time for replacement parts. For details, read some of the stories here on this forum.

2) Make sure you live near an authorized dealer who can perform warranty work on the bike if required. Once again, check the forum here for you dealer's reputation.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
And one last reason: Honda's forum doesn't have these amazing guys! And for sure is not as fuuny!:laughing:
Great call!

If you do get it, be prepared for the spare parts dramas, but don't let it put you off. Use this forum and it's great members to source what you need, and the forum sponsors I have dealt with have been top notch as well.

I loved my R1, but I am infatuated (spelling?) with my F4. I would not swap it for any other bike.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Chances are the hottie will have no idea what an MV Agusta is but if she does put your game face on and hopefully its a 1+1....she will want a ride.

Just get it. You know you want it. And really, when the hottie asks you what kind of bike, do you wanna say honda or MV AGUSTA?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Statistically speaking, you CBR will probably be more "reliable". Like someone here stated, MV's are hand built bikes. Sometimes, it can be luck of the draw. Hit or miss in that it can be pretty reliable or have issues. Just be mindful of the issues on the MV's (maintenance, rear hub failures, overheating, parts lead time, etc) so you don't regret your purchase.

That all said, I'd say go for it. MV's are a blast to ride and stare at!

Mike

1 - 19 of 19 Posts