MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I already have an F4 (you can see my previous thread here http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/106-f4-2nd-gen-2010/174577-f4-special-build.html)
however i have been on the look out for a second bike for a while now, usual suspects, Monster, Tuono or a Brutale etc.
I went to view a 1090RR today and I am seriously considering buying it, seems it great condition, rode well (easier than my F4) with 13k on the clock. Good price also.

The bike would be used more as an everyday bike but not to commute to work, occasionally with the missus on the back.

Anything i should look out for on this model? assuming it is much the same engine etc as my F4 so similar know little niggles.

Any advice appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
540 Posts
All the usual stuff - check service history and that someone familiar with MVs has done the servicing. All the similar niggles apply. Its missing some top line power compared to an F4 but the lower gearing more than makes up for that, and roll on in gear performance is better.

I love my 1090RR but I wouldnt buy one as a pillion bike though ....it likes to wheelie in enough as it is, with someone on the back I would think a whiff of throttle in any gear will have it on the rear wheel :)

I fitted the single seat cowl and took the pillion pegs off; I have a more pillion friendly bike for taking the missus out on !

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have just bought one. Brilliant, brilliant bike. Wonderful engine, brakes are spot on, 4th and 5th gear everywhere and pulls like a train. Do it. It's a beautiful thing.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually still deciding, went for a second viewing yesterday.

Have to make a decision by Monday so the weekend to think over it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have a 2012 1090RR and it's a great bike! Not as fast as my F4 but a great all around bike for traffic or open road. It does everything well! I'm not sure how comfortable a pillion would be because I've never taken one.(I'm enjoying my extra F4 wheels jhollis ;-) )

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a 2012 1090RR and it's a great bike! Not as fast as my F4 but a great all around bike for traffic or open road. It does everything well! I'm not sure how comfortable a pillion would be because I've never taken one.(I'm enjoying my extra F4 wheels jhollis ;-) )
Haha...cool! thanks for the advice. Glad the wheels worked out.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, the deal is done. She is now mine however it will be a couple of weeks until i get to pick her up (we are both travelling)

Told the Missus I need 2 MV's as she has more than 2 handbags so same theory goes, different bikes for different purposes. Plus she can go on the back but going on whats been said here she may quite scared!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Congrats...I may be a long 2 weeks ......

If your missus likes getting her knee down on the rear and wheelies, im sure she will love going on the back of a Brutale :)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats...I may be a long 2 weeks ......

If your missus likes getting her knee down on the rear and wheelies, im sure she will love going on the back of a Brutale :)
Haha, yeah, she will love that!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Mine's fine for a pillion with grippier pegs & a Triboseat cover. I've also improved the dodgy fuelling with Microtec ECU & PCV/autotune, 62,000 k's with no trouble.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Congratulations on the buy. I've had mine only a month but done 600 miles. Everything on this bike IMHO is excellent, the fuelling is spot on. The only thing I have done is have the seat repadded. Enjoy it, ride it and forget about changing this and that until you get to know it. People seem to have an obsession with ECUs and exhausts. Just another reason to spend money it seems to me. These are special bikes out of the box.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine's fine for a pillion with grippier pegs & a Triboseat cover. I've also improved the dodgy fuelling with Microtec ECU & PCV/autotune, 62,000 k's with no trouble.
Thanks for the advice. I have the Microtec on my F4. Where did you get the map from?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congratulations on the buy. I've had mine only a month but done 600 miles. Everything on this bike IMHO is excellent, the fuelling is spot on. The only thing I have done is have the seat repadded. Enjoy it, ride it and forget about changing this and that until you get to know it. People seem to have an obsession with ECUs and exhausts. Just another reason to spend money it seems to me. These are special bikes out of the box.
Cheers mate. See you're from South Yorkshire, I was born there myself.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, well let me reassure you that it is Saturday and pissing it down, so don't get too misty eyed
Haha, believe me mate, I never do to be honest. Singapore might not be the most exciting place but at least we are blessed with sunshine everyday. And Sepang is a 90 min flight and car drive away (or 3 hours flat out on the Malaysian highway if you like risking your life that way)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, so she arrives next week, will get to know her for a bit then begin to make some modifications.
Already ordered:

Rizoma tail tidy
Replacement front and rear indicators
Bar end mirrors

Thinking on a set of gold marchesini same as I have on my F4.

Will update with some pictures very soon.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Also ordered SAMCO hoses (assuming the set on are already 5 years old) plus Oberon mirror blanking plates, AEM rear wheel/sprocket nuts.

Pictures soon.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Haha, sorry just re-read this....glad the wheels are all good. If only i could sell my Panigale wheels as easy! I have a red set from a 899 but just cant shift them...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts