MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I love this groups fortitude ! Taking on work on anything can be solved with knowledge and if you are handy avoid trips to the Dealer. I figure if I have to take it there I’ll at least have the groups wisdom to start a decent conversation with them.
I’ve been riding/racing for too many years. I wrench on everything I own (Hate that some times) but its therapy of sorts, YouTube gets me into more than I should - and positive help like you guys, gets me the rest of the way.
Now if my 19TV RC SCS would only get here....

·
Registered
154 Posts
Tigerfx, if you’re still looking for one:

they have a store in Reno and will bring it up here from Las Vegas. Ride the amtrack from SLC to Reno, stay overnight at my house and ride home the next day.
Jack

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Jack, thanks for offering. I'm currently at the dealer testing a lusso scs. The clutch feels heavy and clunky, is this normal for the SCS?

I'm going to ride the non scs to compare.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Before you get too enthralled with an SCS machine, ask the dealer which version of the SCS you bought. I've heard that the 2018 TVL SCS cannot be upgraded to a version 2 SCS. The 2019 can be upgraded. Mine is being upgraded now. My older version needed the basket sleeves replaced every 4500 miles. This is not nice on a machine designed to go 9000 miles between services. The version 2 upgrade eliminates these sleeves. It's about an $1800 upgrade.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
It's a 2019. Thanks for the info. I'll talk to the dealer tomorrow about getting the kit mailed to me so I can install it. No mv dealer in slc. BTW did you need any recalls? Is the clutch pedal/engagement pretty hard compared to a slipper clutch?

Next up is the low + high beam mod and top case rack fabrication.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Next up is the low + high beam mod and top case rack fabrication.
As per my dealer, the low+high beam mod is actually mounted on all TV since 2017 Euro 4 models. This is only required for former models.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey all,
1) would you recommend I buy one right now?

2) are things like the rear givi rack and the low high beam harness easy to obtain?

3) any aftermarket seat options available?

4) how does it handle 2 up?

5) how does it handle graded dirt roads?

I currently have a ktm 1090 adv r and looking for a lighter bike to take trips with the gf.

Tia it's really cool to see an active owners group. If it wasn't for this I wouldn't even consider the bike.
I have a MY17 TV RC - 7000 miles -zero issues . Ran a KTM 1290 Super Adventure at the same time as i was told of MV unreliability. KTM went back 5 times in one year with electrical and screen faults

Regarding the rear rack you may want to look at @Duc-Mike pictures

MV keep promising a rack - don't hold your breath
Re spares, i ordered a panel for a 1090 brutale -arrived two weeks later

Hope this helps

Reactions: esq'z me

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
@MarcSilverTriple

Confirmed. When I activate the high beam the low beam also stays on. Oops I already ordered the wire harness. Will sell on the forums to someone who needs.

@Blue Car Boy

Yes, helpful. One thing that is still nagging me is the tough clutch pedal action. My KTM 1090 is so smooth. The turismo scs sometimes doesn't even let me shift down...like it's stuck...

·
Registered
77 Posts
I put on 4500 miles before the SCS failed. In that period I had zero problems with clutch action either clutchless, quick-shifting, or using the clutch. Very light action. This experience included a 1,024 mile Iron Butt ride on the very first day I rode it. Neutral was sometimes a wee bit hard to find but nothing compared to my dearly departed 2015 BMW F800GT.
I doubt that MV Agusta NA is going to mail you a version 2 clutch upgrade. This process that I'm going through right now trying to get mine warranty repaired is quite annoying. I am not even sure that my version 2 upgrade won't come with some sort of price. Very poor response for such a great and expensive machine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Sorry to hear about your trouble. Thanks for the feedback on the light clutch action. I've only ridden it a few miles. Will put more on shortly. Hopefully the clutch will break in somewhat. I wouldn't have bought the bike if it weren't for these forums and an awesome motorcycle shop here that works on everything. Including rekluse products.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts