MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone up for a Connecticut, USA group ride/meet next Sunday? We could meet at Marcus Dairy in Danbury late morning.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm from Long Island, but work in Norwalk, CT. Danbury isn't too far up away from me. Currently I ride an 03 Ducati triple nine, and my girfriend rides a custom 03 Monster. My F4 is shipping out this Monday the 1st of May. I should get it within a week or so, give or take a few days. I would be down for a ride / meet after my MV arrives. I've also hosted a few ride / meet gatherings at my place of business in Norwalk. How many MV riders in the area would be intersted in a little get together with food and whatnot? I would be more than happy to set up another meet. Jonathan

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DucatiGuy said:
I'm from Long Island, but work in Norwalk, CT. Danbury isn't too far up away from me. Currently I ride an 03 Ducati triple nine, and my girfriend rides a custom 03 Monster. My F4 is shipping out this Monday the 1st of May. I should get it within a week or so, give or take a few days. I would be down for a ride / meet after my MV arrives. I've also hosted a few ride / meet gatherings at my place of business in Norwalk. How many MV riders in the area would be intersted in a little get together with food and whatnot? I would be more than happy to set up another meet. Jonathan
Congrats on the F4. It is very kind of you to offer to host a gathering. I would be very interested in going. I know there are about 3 other Brutale owners (besided myself) from CT. I am hoping they will respond in this thread.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DucatiGuy said:
BTW, where in Norwalk do you work? I live in Stamford, work in Greenwich, and bought my bike at Motofixx in Norwalk.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Met a guy Saturday from Greenwich who has an F4 1000 Senna. His name escapes me right now but he will probably be back soon as he wants to dyno his bike. :naughty:

I'm up for rides, meets, food, whatever. really cool to park a few MV's together.

Had my 910R at Marcus Dairy for the first time today. Drew quite the crowd and I got everything from "who makes that?" to "WOW, first one I've ever seen." :eek:

John T

·
Registered
77 Posts
I live in Greenwich, and wouldn't mind a Sunday run.
I just rode down to Battery Park for a hot dog today,
(only excuss I could find to go into NY on the F4)

David

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
anucci said:
BTW, where in Norwalk do you work? I live in Stamford, work in Greenwich, and bought my bike at Motofixx in Norwalk.
Motofixx is practically around the corner from me (2 min if that). I own Papa John's Pizza on Main Street. We opened up a little over a year ago, and have been host to several car and bike gatherings. Being a Ducati rider myself, I had a bunch of Desmo guys shoot over a few times last summer for pizza and drinks. Once you get a dozen or so "exotic Italians" parked out front, in no time it atracts other riders and the general public. Our biggest turn out yeilded some 40+ riders, which was quite impressive! Good food, great bikes, nice people.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
greylola said:

David
I love NY city dirty water dogs. Whenever I am in the city I have to stop for some. We'll see how this Sunday (5/7) looks weather wise. I think right now they are saying rain.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
greylola said:

David
Nice photo! Be sure to get yourself into the registry! (Browse to registry -> find your model -> at the bottom, submit yourself to the registry)

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
looks like the weather may be decent on sunday

SUNDAY: Partly sunny, breezy, and cool. Low: 45. High: 61

hopefully it doesnt change back to raining :bawling:

·
Registered
756 Posts
I'm not sure I can make it but would really like to and will follow the thread in case I can. Of all places, this CT resident is currently in Sydney Australia. Haven't seen as many bikes as I thought. Unable to find a local dealer within walking distance for some fun around lunch.

Anucci...l think it was last Sat I was going North on Long Ridge rd on my K1200s and saw a black Brutale and Monster going South. Forget the time and may even have the day wrong. I figured it was probably you. Were you riding around mid to late afternoon?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was out late last Saturday, but not on long ridge road. I do a loop that takes me up 124 to cross river (rt. 35) then back down by pound ridge (rt 121), bedford (rt. 22) through greenwich and then back to stamford.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
not sure how far away duchess county NY is from you guys in SW CT but i was up there this past weekend and my god its like a different world....roads are 100 percent smooth and twisties like you wouldnt believe.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hey guys,
i actually live in NNJ but freq ride with a bunch of other duc guys in westchester/putnam. Im awaiting delivery of my F4 from FBF, but have a duc and a K1200S also. I would love to join up with you if you get a ride organized sometime (even last minute works).
Gary

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
curi0usmind said:
Hey fellow North East riders,
If you guys do decide to meet up for a ride, I'd try to make it. Love riding CT.
I know I am the one who started this thread, but now it looks like I have a scheduling conflict. My son has a little league game at 12pm. If we meet up early at Marcus I will make the trip and go for a short ride before I have to head back to Stamford. I would love to meet some fellow MVers and check out the bikes.

The weather is supposed to be nice.

What time works for everyone?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Marcus is a good meeting point but you should do it early.

We can just do a "meet and hang out" and look at bikes, and maybe plan a ride on the spot if people are interested.
The people at Marcus would really freak out if they actually saw a bunch of MV's parked together. :smoking:

Usual spot for most Italian bikes is in front near the main entrance.

I'll be there for sure.

John T

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
airfuel said:
Marcus is a good meeting point but you should do it early.

We can just do a "meet and hang out" and look at bikes, and maybe plan a ride on the spot if people are interested.
The people at Marcus would really freak out if they actually saw a bunch of MV's parked together. :smoking:

Usual spot for most Italian bikes is in front near the main entrance.

I'll be there for sure.

John T
John, sounds good. What time???

1 - 20 of 53 Posts