MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there is any one in the CT area. I plan on picking up an MV over the winter hopefully for next season. I just sold my 03 R6 and will be saving a little to get a beauty in the spring :)

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im from manchester, connecticut. Im actually going down to motofixx in danbury on saturday to see what they have to offer. I too will be beating up the sales people trying to get a decent deal on something over the winter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Matty,
This is too funny.... I live in Glastonbury, and I have an appointment to test ride a Brutale at Motofixx on Saturday!!!!!!

BTW, Motofixx is in Norwalk.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was at motofixx today checking out the bikes around 1 or so. Damn they are so nice looking. Did you test drive the one that was outside on the sidewalk? I just sold my R6 today and will be selling my car around november. Hopefully i can find a good deal over the winter on an f4. They had 2 on their site a month or two ago but both have sold since then. I wish i was able to jump on that deal when they had them. O well....ill just keep looking :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
What bike shop to shop

I live in Greenwich, CT (bottom of CT) and have a F4 and a Duc 748... You may want to also travel another 30 miles south a check out Ducati New York (212.989.1414) who carries MV, Duc's and Aprilia just to check prices. The owner "Howie" is a really great guy and worth getting a second price from, as I've found "Joel" from MotoFix NOT very flexible on prices, though there parts guys ARE very good. It's worth a phone call anyway to beat them both up against each other, there parts seem to be a little higher than MF (so shop both) but there service dept is great (Frank) if you need your bike set up for the track. If I need a new chain put on... MotoFix, If I need my valves or suspension set up... only Frank a DNY!

Also on Tuesday nights, there is a Euro bike gathering at the 'Ear Bar" 3 blocks from DNY on Spring and Greenwich St. You'll find 30 Duc's, maybe 3 MV's, old BMW's and a handful of rice rockets (not the Hogs & Hefer's types) and it's a nice trip down the Hutch Pky right off the West side Hwy. After riding my Duc 748 from NY to LA and back I went there thinking that I was "all that and more" only to find Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman bikes who just went 17,000 miles the Long Way Round the world. I shut up, drank my drink and went home.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool..thanks for the info.. Do you know if they have any used bikes in NY? I would like to get a new f4 but not sure if i want to spend 21k on a bike. If i can find a good deal on a used one im thinking that is my best option.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just Move to CT

Moved from Springfield Virginia to Woodbridge CT the end if March .....

Just took a quick cruise around the local area .....

It's Memorial Day so I'll be heading over to the Legion later to hob-knob with some Vets .....

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Woodbridge CT!! My old stomping ground. To bad we all moved south.:laughing:

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Woodbridge CT!! My old stomping ground. To bad we all moved south.:laughing:
What's bad about moving south? We're happy you're down here. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts