MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
Rosberg was left holding his junk at the start.......that race was over in the first 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
Yeah it probably was, and what a flying start Hamilton had..
Of the two I think the best man won.
Agreed....but I was pulling for Rosberg.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
I wish he had crashed out and Rosberg had won because over here in the United Kingdom of Great Britain which he represented and flew the flag, he will now be known as the Englishman who won the F1 championship and it will be all over the t.v. and papers and he will no doubt be giving his smarmy talk about his luck. Can't wait for next year when he gets his arse whipped by someone better.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hamilton was the best driver over the whole season with 11 victories.
Both Hamilton and Rosberg had 3 mechanical failures in the season, so the best driver won.
Congratulations Lewis. And he rides an MV F4!!!

Dave.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Let's face it he's not the world champion he's Mercedes champion as they were the only team in it, so he came first in a two horse race ;)

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He won the race ....,and the championship fair and square and I congratulate him on his achievement.
And with his talent he'll go on to even more success.
He is a superb driver..., well done!!

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
That was the most boring race of the year. They really need to revise the engine freeze rules next year.

It was a two horse race, though Hamilton was the more consistent of the two Mercedes drivers and deserves to win it. Would have preferred if Rosberg wasn't plagued with technical issues on a deciding race and it was a race to the finish.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
From one (ex) World Champion to another, Well done Lewis, you only need another 3 to catch me!
You were great in Formula 1..........,I've got all your records and and seen you in the new Brad Pitt movie....., you were awesome!!!!!:stickpoke

·
Registered
181 Posts
Let's face it he's not the world champion he's Mercedes champion as they were the only team in it, so he came first in a two horse race ;)
That's a ridiculous argument over the season he scored more points than anyone else that makes him the world champion. Your argument could and indeed was used against Ago during his career but I'm a firm believer you can only beat your opponents on the day. These guys risk their lives to achieve their dream and they deserve respect we tend to think that F1 is safe unfortunately this season has proven it isn't.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
That's a ridiculous argument over the season he scored more points than anyone else that makes him the world champion. Your argument could and indeed was used against Ago during his career but I'm a firm believer you can only beat your opponents on the day. These guys risk their lives to achieve their dream and they deserve respect we tend to think that F1 is safe unfortunately this season has proven it isn't.

No it's not, I'm not saying he's not talented or that F1 is a safe sport, what I'm saying is that he has only had to race one other driver this year, his team mate. Everyone else was over half a second a lap behind. It's all about the car nowadays, there's probably half a dozen drivers who could have become world champion this season if they'd been in his seat? If he's that good then why has it taken him six years to repeat the feat? Because he wasn't in a Red Bull that's why and because the Red Bull was off the pace this year that's why last years winner and four times champion Vettel finished 5th and Rosberg has jumped from mid table to title contender.
They are all talented but if your not in the right seat at the right time it's never going to happen.

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
No it's not, I'm not saying he's not talented or that F1 is a safe sport, what I'm saying is that he has only had to race one other driver this year, his team mate. Everyone else was over half a second a lap behind. It's all about the car nowadays, there's probably half a dozen drivers who could have become world champion this season if they'd been in his seat? If he's that good then why has it taken him six years to repeat the feat? Because he wasn't in a Red Bull that's why and because the Red Bull was off the pace this year that's why last years winner and four times champion Vettel finished 5th and Rosberg has jumped from mid table to title contender.
They are all talented but if your not in the right seat at the right time it's never going to happen.
Pretty compelling argument. Vettel qualified mid pack frequently this year. He didn't just become mediocre with his skill set. He's a four time world champion driving a mediocre car all of a sudden.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Pretty compelling argument. Vettel qualified mid pack frequently this year. He didn't just become mediocre with his skill set. He's a four time world champion driving a mediocre car all of a sudden.

...who got spanked by his teammate at virtually every occasion. I think he couldn't adapt to the new car as well as Smiley. It's always an interesting blend of vehicle and driver.

Congrats to Lewis, a big dose of respect for Nico for wanting to finish and not "box box box box..." Hope to see Jenson back next year somehow too.

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
...who got spanked by his teammate at virtually every occasion. I think he couldn't adapt to the new car as well as Smiley. It's always an interesting blend of vehicle and driver.
Good point. Something way more significant than the car has affected Vettel this year. Think about it.....Seb has been with Red Bull since what? When he was 14? In what universe would he turn his back on Red Bull, unless something cataclysmic occurred behind the scenes. Red Bull made him a millionaire a hundred times over, not to mention four world championships. I wouldn't care if they gave me a three wheeled car, I'd never leave them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts