MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.carsales.com.au/news/motorcycle-filtering-legalised-in-nsw-41962

NSW has been officially given the green light in Australia on lane filtering, which is awesome news......

But what the hell is the law in Victoria Australia
No one seems to know, and if you ask a victorian police officer they have no clue either.
I train with a police officer and his response was it all depends on the mood of the officer of the day... great WTF is that response

any one know the real law on this... ud think a police officer would , evidently not

·
Registered
386 Posts
Don't all laws depend on the officer's mood ?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Hey Simon. Still around Woopie?
Had a nice ride up to Eulong last Sunday.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol u bananas
Can anyone please explain this dumb law in Victoria cos me no knw

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
It`s not legal in NSW yet, just given the green light. In Vic its ok as long as you`re not enjoying yourself then its an offence punishable by death.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Years of commuting at peak time along one of Sydney's busiest routes (Military Road) and not once did I get booked for splitting lanes. I guess it's just a "fait accompli". If you can stop it, just go along with it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Effective 1 July 2014 lane filtering will be legal in NSW.
Not permitted to exceed 30kph
Not in school zones
Not beside kerbs
Not next to trucks or buses (left?? right??, both??)
Only when it is safe to do so (define safe)!!

Article states that it is NOT legal in any other state

Vic Roads web site under road rules, motorcycles, states that " must drive with your vehicle completely within a lane. Riding between lines of MOVING vehicles is illegal and dangerous."
Doesn't mention legality if vehicles are stationary!!!??
cheers
Pete

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Much the same in Tas, so as far as I can figure out passing a stationary vehicle on the right without leaving the lane is actually legal. Not that the legality of such things really bothered me much but it would be nice to concentrate ones effort on traffic not looking around for coppers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts