MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I am about to invest some of my hard earned money on boots. These are going to be my first and I don’t have much experience and have narrowed down on these 2 boots. I would like to know your input on which are better and why? any help from your ends would be highly appreciated.

http://www.sidibootstore.com/vertigoair.html

http://www.alpinestars.com/SMX_Plus_Racing_Boot/pd/c/111/np/111/p/20512.html

I know it generally runs down to personal choice but I would like to know your thoughs in regards with safety and comfort :blah::blah:.

Thanks,
Sarge

·
Super Moderator
21,447 Posts
I use the Sidi Vertigo Corsa and they are all day comfortable and long lasting.

·
Administrator
18,853 Posts
I have both the Alpinstar SMX and Sidi Vertigo.

My A-stars are an older model then that pic.

I like them both, but I prefer the Sidi.

I wear size 42 and both fit similarly.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I just ordered the alpinestar SMX-R boots in white (will look more like a pair of sneakers under a pair of riding jeans). I considered the SMX plus boot but decided against it since the R is considered to be a more comfortable boot. I wanted something for the street.....something I could wear for extended periods of time and apparently thats the better boot for that.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use the Sidi Vertigo Corsa and they are all day comfortable and long lasting.
Yes I thought the vertigo Corsa's are better than the Vertigo but unfortunately they have been discontinued and the replacement is the Vortice but they cost a lot more. What I liked in the vertigo corse was the ankle protection was a lot more.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
The main problem I have with both boots are the hard plastic heal protection. The plastic rubs against the heal guard and swing arm and scratches the crap out of them.

I had to polish my heal guards because of the scratches made by the boots.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
The main problem I have with both boots are the hard plastic heal protection. The plastic rubs against the heal guard and swing arm and scratches the crap out of them.

I had to polish my heal guards because of the scratches made by the boots.

Dude. They are heel guards.
:nerd:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Yes I thought the vertigo Corsa's are better than the Vertigo but unfortunately they have been discontinued and the replacement is the Vortice but they cost a lot more. What I liked in the vertigo corse was the ankle protection was a lot more.

If you can find the Vertigos now, they are usually on a good sale. I ordered some vertigo air's recently.... pretty good deal I thought. Hopefully they actually show up!

I like the sidi's. I wish they were a bit more quiet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts