MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I hope someone can help me out on a wee issue that has got me stumped. Both my wife and myself own 2005 750 Brutales. Her one was playing up electrically and having 2 bikes the same seemed easy to try and diagnose swapping parts around. Alas not. Swapped my SPU with hers and mine was damaged in the process. Turns out the SPU units were not the same even though according to the vin numbers they should have both been the 8A00A9615 models. Mine however has the 8A00A9300 number under the fuse cover. Needless to say they are not interchangable. Upon putting mine back into my bike my headlight does not work on low or high beam and the bike will not fire. I ordered an new SPU thinking that will solve all my problems but it seems to be exactly them same as it was. Can anybody out there help me?

·
Vendor
5,332 Posts
Welcome to the forum and first question is have you checked fuses yet?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Battery might now be running a bit low so will start there and get it charged up to see if that solves the issue. Just a bit of a panic as the same problems showed up with the faulty SPU. Maybe that gear requires a few more electrons than the other components. Will let ya know how I get on. Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well have charged the battery. Reconnected the bike and turn her on. Alas no headlight came on. Tried my wifes new battery and same senario. Cleaned contacts and placed original battery back in. Bike started and lights came on after engine running. Success in a manner. Seems the electrics are now functioning but have yet to test under heat to see if cooling fan works. Just need some decent weather to take her for a strop.
Cheers fellas

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Well have charged the battery. Reconnected the bike and turn her on. Alas no headlight came on. Tried my wifes new battery and same senario. Cleaned contacts and placed original battery back in. Bike started and lights came on after engine running. Success in a manner. Seems the electrics are now functioning but have yet to test under heat to see if cooling fan works. Just need some decent weather to take her for a strop.
Cheers fellas
Hey Mark - did you get this sorted?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts