MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone , read all post here and others web paige about MV Augusta parts, services , issued etc , and i don't have confidence to buy a motorcycle from this brand , i live in florida and my near dealer ship is in miami , any more sell this bikes here , i send email to seller about parts and services he don't say nothing , but when i ask him about price and accesory he say yes whatever you want . I don't know but is not more important parts and service ?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
22,302 Posts
Then don't buy. It is simple.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Yeah.
Look, if you'd like a serious answer from me then please be a hell of a lot more specific about which exact bike from the range you're considering.
I don't know if you're considering buying new, used or even a classic era bike.

The information you provide will greatly influence the answers you'll get.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I have less confidence in the Nexus 6P spelling and grammar checking software than you have in MV Agusta brand but you purchased one of those.

Then I read about the class action lawsuit in the link below.....

https://www.engadget.com/2017/04/21/lawsuit-takes-aim-at-google-huawei-over-nexus-6p-battery-issues/

Sent from the creative but sometimes cheeky right hemisphere of my brain.
Aaaaahahahahah...!

Haven't had a nexus for some time now.
But if you are feeling darkly elusive, stealthy, tricky, low key sophisticated and important____ check this out:

https://www.silentcircle.com/products-and-solutions/devices/

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Hi everyone , read all post here and others web paige about MV Augusta parts, services , issued etc , and i don't have confidence to buy a motorcycle from this brand , i live in florida and my near dealer ship is in miami , any more sell this bikes here , i send email to seller about parts and services he don't say nothing , but when i ask him about price and accesory he say yes whatever you want . I don't know but is not more important parts and service ?

MV is a small, very special company of the motorcycle world.
The problem with parts supply, especially after the restructuring, is that the factory fabricates them only during the month of August each year(at a hectic pace, like the rest of Italy). Access is on first come/first served basis.
Because of that there have been some notorious battles for access outside the factory in Varese(there are rumors of Chuck body hammering Donsy:surprise:), in dealers around the globe and on-line.
But if you plan carefully and willing to play dirty and get your hands a bit bloody, no problem.
Other than that, solid bikes.

Of course you can always buy a BMW S1000XR. Wonderful bike.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I have owned an F4 2011 for just over 1 year, only had one issue with one of the coils breaking which I hear is pretty common. The replacement part was ordered from Evolution and arrived within 2 weeks (to Singapore). The bike was back on the road within 20 days. I would guess this is pretty much the same if it was a Ducati or a Japanese bike. Aprilia could take even longer!
The coil i believe is also a German part so not even a failure on MV's side (other than poor design you could argue)

Of course the next guy could tell you a horror story on parts but the same goes for any manufacturer really.

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
I have 2 MV's. One of the older F4 models and one new F3. My dealer is over 1 hr from me. I love the bikes and would buy another one in a heartbeat if I had the funds.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Thank you for your help...appreciate the info

Mate no offense but there isn't a real answerable question in your post.
Through the forum you can get a rather complete picture of the problems with MV, the 3 cylinder platform, the supply of parts and how owners in the states deal with it e.t.c.
There are so many variables specific to MV, you and your needs, that nobody can tell you to just go for it and everything will be okay.

Or you just want all of us to come together and pass our time bewailing about the problems with MVs.

·
Registered
418 Posts
OP your concerns with dealer service is subjective and also dependent on which dealer (assuming you only want to deal with authorised dealers), so I'd separate this from Brand selection.

Parts - I think you'll find that most Italian brand will have the same issue.

MV bike themselves, I think you need to test ride and see for yourself.

For most of us, I think we just try and do our best to keep our bikes on the road given we've made a conscious decision to ride MVs.

·
Super Moderator
22,302 Posts
@bogi3000: To be a bit serious, but just a bit, I have four MV Agustas. A 2007 F4 312R, 2010 B4 1090RR, 2002 F4 EVO 3 750, and a 2015 B3 800RR. R1andrew knows my dealership is an hour and a half away and paring down MV floorspace, Donsy knows I can take him in two out of three tussles for parts (If I can use my cane as a weapon), and I do most of my maintenance listening to Jimmy Buffet in the nude (Buffet, not me).

My advice: Parts take time anticipate routine maintenance, order early.
Plan to go to the dealer. Schedule your maintenance early if you cannot perform it yourself.
Develop a relationship with the folks doing your maintenance.
Read through the Turismo Veloce section of the forum to find probable and common problems.
Read through the 3 cylinder sections to see what other issues have arrived and in what order.

What I am suggesting is to research the brand though this forum. Keep in mind that most people come onto a forum to bitch about a product in which they've found fault. That is true here, too. You will find a propensity of complaints and issues with mechanics, electronics, dealers, distribution, paint color and just generally about how MV Agusta does business.

I have four MVs and my dealership is far away....would I buy a brand new Turismo Veloce from Miami if I lived in the state of Florida? Yes.

The TV Lusso RC is the next bike on my radar. I believe MV has made it an nice bike for what I need (want)....another bike (N+1=X)...
I do think that I will have minor issues and I expect that. There are two in the US that I can find right now...both are very far away from me. Then again, I drove 3685 miles to pick up an F4 1000 from South Dakota for a friend.

This is a passionate brand. If you are not ready to handle the foibles that come along with niche brand ownership, then perhaps it is not the bike for you.

Now, I have to figure out how to get one of those black phones so that Dave can take pictures of me and Dons jello fighting over the last set of Mv Blinker cvers in all of Italy!

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Don't listen to all those people here!
If you can find an Augusta... Buy it!!! Pretty rare!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well Next saturday Will buy my New TV but not lusso just regular , i Will try with this bike I'm not afraid

1 - 20 of 29 Posts