MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know how to solve the misting in my dash
910s brutale mists up when bike gets hot but disappears when the bike cools down
just like when the visor on your helmet mists up.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Mine does it too. I think the seals it are only good for one squeeze so if its every been opened it will let a bit of water in and condense. There are 3 little vents on the back side which should allow the water vapor to dissipate overtime, mine only does it if it recently got rained on.

I've considered opening it again and sealing around the gasket with a thin layer of silicone or maybe just throwing some silica gel desiccant to see if it helps.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
The dash is very easy to open, I used silicon grease instead of silicon to seal it, that way it's easy to open again later.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine does it too. I think the seals it are only good for one squeeze so if its every been opened it will let a bit of water in and condense. There are 3 little vents on the back side which should allow the water vapor to dissipate overtime, mine only does it if it recently got rained on.

I've considered opening it again and sealing around the gasket with a thin layer of silicone or maybe just throwing some silica gel desiccant to see if it helps.
I have hade dash off and put silica gel pads in there , i think thats why it disappears quickly maybe try sealing the two halves again,
and your right it only happens when it is cold and damp , it has been a very damp and cold winter over here, have just got bike back on road
been out a few times and bike is running well with all mods i have fitted this is the only problem that crops up .

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
have now fixed this problem opened up dash
and carefully prised out rubber seal then siliconed the seal back in and sealed the dash
left over night to dry been out on bike and no misting.

·
Super Moderator
22,354 Posts
Excellent fix!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts