MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
New one sounds ideal, even better as a mono, congrats on the purchase, I look forward to seeing it 馃憤馃徎

Registered
Glad you found a bike, but they will all crack the bellypan and that really is not an corrosion on the brake discs 馃檪 I thought i was picky.

Registered
The old F4 is an excellent choice. I have had an 04' 750 for around a year and she receives very positive comments from passerby wherever she goes. Proud of it!

Anyone mind to share what is the best way fix the crack on the bellypan? Mine has got cracks on both sides. Since it's really hard to find professional fairing repair here in Hong Kong, I will to try a DIY fix with the solder iron heat weld and then fill the weld with a slur or acetone and lego bricks. Is there a more appropriate way for this job?

Registered
Urethane supply company sells a 5700HT mini weld airless plastic welder for the hobbyist ($270). I had pretty good results with it, just have to practice on a couple scrap pieces first.

Registered
Let's make this simple
Retorque the pinch bolts to 15lbft/20Nm
No more!!!! BEFORE riding it at all
Put rivet nuts in the rear holes in the tank for the injector covers
Get a chip from Adam (merc07) ln the Performance Section, solves overheating and some electronic issues( EBS)
Buy some Clic-R pliers (eBay)
Change all hoses a the filter in the tank
Find storage with another MV owner
Share a one arm rear stand so you can work on both sides of the rear
Save an old rear tire and towel for working on the tank and hold it while it's off the bike

21 - 26 of 26 Posts