MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
48 Posts
looks very good, someone closer may check it out for you but may also purchase it, looks like it may well have fallen off its stand, but it looks good, if it was for sale in UK and that price converted to pounds, it would be sold already if engine is good.

book that flight

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
twenty minutes from my house. If you are interested, pm me and I'll go look at it. You could fly down, ride it at the Bub, and have Chuck take it back home for you.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I think you are wrong Cagy , MV's are worth what one wants to pay for a particular bike . They are a rare breed . In fact O5 bikes should be of higher value due to the fact that quality of that year bikes is much better then newer models when factory started to run out of money and went for cheaper subcontractors and parts altogether . I.M.H.O.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would be stupendous Randarosa. Will pm in a bit.

CAG, I'll be paying less, closer to 8, and I chose 05-07 partly for the reasons Nicolino mentioned but mostly bc I don't care for the later design. Some people still might have their Heather Locklear posters up at their parents house. Such is the case with me. :)

I spoke with the shop manager at bbc racing in Marietta today and he advised the bike was running crappy when it was brought in. A coil was replaced and other electrical issues were taken care of. The seller said the only issue the bike had was some ports were in the wrong place. ??? and nothing electrical.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
What ports were in the wrong place?( sorry but never heard that one before) . One thing about 04-06 F-4 1000 bikes You want to have a spare EBS relay. and keep that chain on the loose side !!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't recall, I was leaving work. I'll clarify when I next speak to him. From the pics it looks like the clutch lever is aftermarket, whereas the brake is stock. Can't seem to find anything else odd about the bike visually. If I do buy it what would you guys recommend I take with me? My list is; fuses, toolkit, patch kit, first aid kit, red bull. Should I buy an ebs relay?

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
The bike has the RG3 exhaust but it has damage to the left side, the clutch lever is aftermarket, which means the original one broke. Ask to remove the left side fairing to inspect that side of the engine before you buy the bike. Is the license plate light on the bike somewhere? How about the rear blinkers?

Ebay is a world wide market. Everyone on the planet who is interested in that bike at that time saw it. If it didn't sell at 9 there is a reason why.

You really should have someone look at it before you buy it.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Yes , you should. I think Alex at GP Racing has them .

Question is not if , but when it will go bad. Be prepared. You'll know it when your bike starts missing and or run on two cylinders on and off.

Listen to what CAG is telling you , have one of the forum members take a look at the bike. And or at least someone who is knowledgable about MV bikes.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
The bike has the RG3 exhaust but it has damage to the left side, the clutch lever is aftermarket, which means the original one broke. Ask to remove the left side fairing to inspect that side of the engine before you buy the bike. Is the license plate light on the bike somewhere? How about the rear blinkers?

Ebay is a world wide market. Everyone on the planet who is interested in that bike at that time saw it. If it didn't sell at 9 there is a reason why.

That just may be you and me next week......:)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Totally agree, which is why I'm reaching out.
But i also discarded the bike initially because of that reasoning until seeing the 08 312 from cyclecat sell only the 2nd time around for 8495. That had the full Ti Bodis kit. Then the one that couldn't muster 8300 from frs powersports in TN. Also eBay. The market is just poop right now. This ATL ATL bike had 18 offers so there was interest, just probably in line with the cruddy market.

The bike has the RG3 exhaust, presumably, but it has damage to the left side, the clutch lever is aftermarket, which means the original one broke. Ask to remove the left side fairing to inspect that side of the engine before you buy the bike.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And I'm willing to pay what he wants. I actually think it's a steal for what I'd be getting (unless its broken).

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, and I would be forever indebted. I'm in no rush. Will probably keep my daily rider for another season anyway. Just wanted to thank everyone here for the help and comments. Whenever anyone is in New York City, I'd hope that you let me know.

Listen to what CAG is telling you , have one of the forum members take a look at the bike. And or at least someone who is knowledgable about MV bikes.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry, missed your last two questions. No license plate light, blinkers are in the air ducts. I'll ask to facetime with the bike tomorrow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts