MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey lads its been quite a while since I was on here.I sold my 989r in 17 and bought a 16 Tuono Factory which I adore.But I've now sold my 07 RSV Factory and I am going to get another MV.My dilemma is I love the 14-15 F4 but I'm getting to the age where I don't know if I want another sports bike.My RSV Factory I used only 4 times in a year as I was always on the Tuono.I like the Turismo Veloce but all I seem to hear are bad stories about problems and supply issues.Any opinions.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Gidday Wexford

There are a few other posts about the TV and potential new purchasers, have a look through the TV thread. I have a TV & an F4RR, which I bought within a few months of each other. I am considering an F3, even if they are only as much fun as the TV, but with more power, that is too much fun.

Within minutes of my TV test ride, I felt completely at home, ripping through my favourite local corners as if it was an old friend. I decided to buy one within 15 minutes. It won 2015 Bike of the Year at 2 Wheels Australia, and if you look at it, and ride it, you will know why.

The TV is tallish, but not overly, not really recommended for short arses though. If you are buying a TV 2nd hand I suggest you make sure that all the service bulletins have been actioned for the bike you are considering, service history etc, and if buying new then you can just enjoy yourself. There should be some bargains to be had as a result of people panicing about reliability. There are some issues you need to be aware of, such as the clutch, and some owners have had electronic gremlins, but I speculate that most have not.

I read all the articles and posts about MV before I purchased, and I live in a state that has no dealer. No regrets. There is not really a bike like the TV that I can think of that I desire. Maybe a KTM 790 Duke, but they are more street racer in looks.

If you do not have at least some mechanical compotence, and there is no MV dealer, or reputable and compotent bike shops close to you, and it is your only bike, then maybe you should consider your options. That criteria would rule out all Italian and yank bikes. And yet, one sees them everywhere.

regards
Scott

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hey lads its been quite a while since I was on here.I sold my 989r in 17 and bought a 16 Tuono Factory which I adore.But I've now sold my 07 RSV Factory and I am going to get another MV.My dilemma is I love the 14-15 F4 but I'm getting to the age where I don't know if I want another sports bike.My RSV Factory I used only 4 times in a year as I was always on the Tuono.I like the Turismo Veloce but all I seem to hear are bad stories about problems and supply issues.Any opinions.

Welcome back, after 3 - F4's I also had a gap of 5 or 6 years then returned to a Brutale 1078 and a Pirelli Dragster on order, I now miss the F4 very much and fear a F4 - 1078 will also be desired.

You always hear and read of bad stories, never good ones, I never had issues with my F4, EV03, 1000s or 312R.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I agree with Scott and Roy above. I believe many of these small 'idiosyncrasies' might be a tad overplayed because, as alluded to, we (generally) hear only of the negative.

It is often said when considering a purchase: 'go where your heart takes you'. Might be simple words to one who fears the physicality of staying with sports bikes, but I, for one, do not like to go second best. Maintain some physical fitness, do a few flexibility exercises, and we can 'fold' into an F4 or F3 like the young guys!

I have an 05 RSV Factory in my fleet. Just as a guide, it is a bit roomier than the F4. I guess you're not flushed with dealers in Ireland, but do try to get test rides if you can.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I bought one of the first F3s in 2012 , placed an order before the reviews were out. If I waited for the reviews I may have never purchased it. The issues that did pop up didn't seem to me as big a deal as they were made out in the tabloids. All the issues have been resolved and super glad I made the decision to get one. The 3-cylinder bikes are a lot of fun to ride.

My only advice with MV is to make sure you use a competent dealer. Alternatively like in my case, do all the work yourself once out of warranty. I haven't taken my F3 to a dealer in a long time. Purchased all my parts on Evolutionbike and wrenched away.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have a MY17 TV RC with c 3500 miles. To date has been absolutley faultless. Ridden in all weathers . The few issues that arose on earlier models are well documented. Apart from changing out the stock BS battery for a Yuasa unit, that's the only thing I've had to do.
Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Come Back

I too had those thoughts but, I jumped in anyway with a 2018 Turismo Veloce. It was just what I was looking for after lots of Duc’s and the S1000r traded in for it. Still sorting the suspension, the power, sound and engine response are all good.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I too am lurking around the auto trader adverts after a short sabbatical. Had a 13’ brutale 800 that was faultless, never missed a beat, chopped that in 3yrs later for a Stradale, small issue with the throttle but again no major issues (although the dealer did precautionary change the sprag clutch as they thought it was on the way out, I never noticed anything?) then I chopped that in to go back to a Kawasaki, we parted company (literally!) a year ago and the insurance money was used to fund a house move. But now itching to get back in the saddle. Rode the TV and loved it, a sporty ride you can cover huge miles on. I’ll be looking for a used model though, haven’t the funds to buy new.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts