MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
There was a TVL low profile rider comfort seat in Ed's showroom for most of last year. I looked at it a couple of times when considering the purchase of the pair of comfort seats I have. I imagine this is the seat he sold you. Looked in good condition then but since it's probably been in his garage, in the back of the van etc. which might explain the apparent wear.

I never saw it with the lock-down bracket (see below) attached or actually on a bike though. Did it come with or without this bracket? If it came with the bracket, or apparent wear on the threaded inserts, it does indicate that it was fitted to a bike at some stage.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Seat came fully assembled with the bracket and rubber bump stops all fitted, and clear wear showing on the bracket. It's definitely been used.
Having said that, they are as rare as rocking horse shit, so If I'd seen an ad for a lightly used seat at a reasonable saving I'd still have bought it. Just a bit naughty calling it new.
You can see the whole 1cm height difference at the centre of the seat in these pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Seat came fully assembled with the bracket and rubber bump stops all fitted, and clear wear showing on the bracket. It's definitely been used.
:idea: Ed did take their demo TVL on a European tour late last summer... :rolleyes:

They don't come with that bracket fitted, you're meant to take the one off the original seat.

At least you're happy with your purchase which I suppose is the main thing. Have you had a chance to compare it comfort-wise yet?

Picking up one of the R&G paddock stands from Ed next week, under no illusions that it's going to be worn/used though.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Contacted Ed via eBay and he confirmed it was a mix-up, sent out the wrong seat. I've received the Low Ride seat that he used on his week away last year, he offerered to post out the new Comfort Seat today, but as what I really wanted was a low seat anyway we agreed that I will keep it and he's giving me a few quid back as it's used.

So for anyone that want's a Comfort Seat, Ed still has a new one for sale.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Have you had a chance to fit the new seat. Does the lower seat make any difference?
Yes, It's enough that although not flat footed at a stop, I do feel more confident and don't have to think as a carefully about which side I'm putting a foot down at a stop.
Comfort is good, at least as good, maybe a bit better than the standard seat, and the grippy covering is much nicer.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yes, It's enough that although not flat footed at a stop, I do feel more confident and don't have to think as a carefully about which side I'm putting a foot down at a stop.
Comfort is good, at least as good, maybe a bit better than the standard seat, and the grippy covering is much nicer.
I have ordered the comfort seat from Ed. I think it looks a lot better and as you say it will be more grippy. I find when I wear certain trousers I slide around a bit. I must say that the original seat is comfy enough but looks a bit plain.

I will now have to order a pillion seat to match.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi Chas

I received the gel seat from Ed and looks good. One issue though is that it did not come with the securing bracket and from your comments this seems to be the case. I installed the original bracket but when I offer the seat up it does not seem to fit like the original seat. A gap between the seat and tank and from what I can see the rubber stops do not sit on the frame. Seems as though the bracket is to high. I may have to alter the bracket or bodge another bracket to fit.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Mick, I was told that you are expected to remove the bracket from the original seat. I think that Neville's seat was, as it turned out, a used one and hence already had the bracket attached.

Not meaning to state the obvious but you do have the bracket the right way up...? I have yet to even offer the comfort seat up to the bike, outside under a cover and won't be coming out to play until next month, I'll be somewhat disappointed having spent a not inconsiderable sum on an MV product that doesn't fit well. No recourse if it's not satisfactory either as the supplying dealer no longer exists. Maybe I'll be trying mine sooner then.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mick, I was told that you are expected to remove the bracket from the original seat. I think that Neville's seat was, as it turned out, a used one and hence already had the bracket attached.

Not meaning to state the obvious but you do have the bracket the right way up...? I have yet to even offer the comfort seat up to the bike, outside under a cover and won't be coming out to play until next month, I'll be somewhat disappointed having spent a not inconsiderable sum on an MV product that doesn't fit well. No recourse if it's not satisfactory either as the supplying dealer no longer exists. Maybe I'll be trying mine sooner then.

Chas, I did think I was doing something wrong but there is only one way it will fit. I put the bracket on the original seat again to make sure I was not being an idiot and stood there for a while wondering what i was doing wrong! I will take another look tomorrow and if possible take a few photos.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Good work boys, I've been watching this thread with interest, I don't have leg length issues (actually, this is why I LOVE the TV), but some (gravity challenged) buddies are looking at them and the effort from you guys are awesome, thanks.
Being racers, or ex-racers like myself, they are not keen on dropping the suspension, just a seat mod might work for when you have the Boss on the back.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Chas

The insert where the seat bracket fits is not the same dimensions as the OEM seat (on mine anyway). To get it to fit I had to remove the bracket with the retaining clip that bolts to the bike and install it upside down! Then use a couple of washers on the retaining screw so it screws into the retaining clip with a tight fit. It is now a good fit and looks good on the bike. Not sure if mine is an early build. Maybe the designer was looking at the CAD upside down! Or the same guy who designed the aftermarket screen.

Ordered the rear pillion from Bennett's who say it should be in stock at MV (showing green on order screen).

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
The insert where the seat bracket fits is not the same dimensions as the OEM seat (on mine anyway). To get it to fit I had to remove the bracket with the retaining clip that bolts to the bike and install it upside down! Then use a couple of washers on the retaining screw so it screws into the retaining clip with a tight fit. It is now a good fit and looks good on the bike. Not sure if mine is an early build. Maybe the designer was looking at the CAD upside down!
Thanks for the update Mick, will hopefully get the chance to fit mine next week. Will report back.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Thanks for the update Mick, will hopefully get the chance to fit mine next week. Will report back.
I'm really interested in a comparison of the comfort short and the standard seat. I'm not that unhappy with the standard but every little bit helps when it comes to 500+ mile days in the saddle.

Tom

21 - 40 of 48 Posts