MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just signed up to this forum and had a browse through the mv site,lots of negativity,i signed up because of the beautiful motorbikes,all of them,owners talking about them showing pics asking questions,telling others where they have been with there bike,were to get spare part with good reviews,its a place to enjoy and talk.is it not,cheers.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Don't know what posts you've been reading, but I'm not familiar with any negativity unless members are discussing problems objectively seeking a resolution. As owner of a few different marques, I can honestly state that this is one of the better forums for its camaraderie and willingness to help each other with parts, assistance and information.

Stick around and you'll find that to be the case.:wink2:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Lost me.... in my experience, this is an outstanding forum... and I have experienced bad ones...

·
Registered
890 Posts
don't know what posts you've been reading, but i'm not familiar with any negativity unless members are discussing problems objectively seeking a resolution. As owner of a few different marques, i can honestly state that this is one of the better forums for its camaraderie and willingness to help each other with parts, assistance and information.

Stick around and you'll find that to be the case.:wink2:
+1!

·
Premium Member
2,877 Posts
100% above. Whenever I travel I look to see if anyone from the forum lives there so I can grab a beer with them. Some really, really great people here. This was a social forum before there was social media. Where do ya hail from?

·
Registered
434 Posts
i have just signed up to this forum and had a browse through the mv site,lots of negativity,i signed up because of the beautiful motorbikes,all of them,owners talking about them showing pics asking questions,telling others where they have been with there bike,were to get spare part with good reviews,its a place to enjoy and talk.is it not,cheers.
I suggest you visit another i-talian bike forum, say one for Aprilia, then come back to discuss negativity. In the end we are motorcycle riders and as motorcycle riders we are not supposed to be warm and fuzzy.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
This is by far the most cordial motorcycle forum I’ve ever been on.

A couple other motorcycle forums I’ve been on, including a Ducati one, were pretty bad, at least back in the day.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Could it be because of Guns/Politics/Religion thread, cause that one can get a bit rough and some people in there seems to like to stir things up a bit.
Other than that I think its mostly very polite and helpful in here.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Could it be because of Guns/Politics/Religion thread . . .
A bit rough? Frig me!!:grin2:

It would be a very shallow outlook to base the Forum as a whole on that one thread. Sure, there's heated discussions, which evolve naturally from those topics, but I read that in general, members respect each other's views and/or 'agree to disagree'. As a motorcycling forum though, I think even as a newbie (thinking back to myself) we are more interested in learning about our particular make and model, and perhaps accumulating free manuals:grin2: - with gratitude to @Donsy - than venturing to areas of no to little relevance.

In the final analysis though, it is a new or prospective member's choice to view whether a particular avenue of social interaction is for him/her, or not.

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
When I read it. I took it as members being negative towards the brand. The post where a newer member is complaining because the bike they purchased might have an issue and want to think that MV is the only manufacture that has this. In their mind a jap bike is mechanically perfect and has no issues and the MV should be the same. Even though it comes from a company that is very very small. Hell I would venture to say that Honda spends more on advertising that MV has for it's entire budget. But this is just the way that I read it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
100% above. Whenever I travel I look to see if anyone from the forum lives there so I can grab a beer with them. Some really, really great people here. This was a social forum before there was social media. Where do ya hail from?

MV Arthur,

Mid-town Manhattan? My oldest daughter lives there, and youngest in Brooklyn. Next NYC visit... maybe a beer?

·
Premium Member
2,877 Posts
MV Arthur,

Mid-town Manhattan? My oldest daughter lives there, and youngest in Brooklyn. Next NYC visit... maybe a beer?

Absolutely, a beer to start... Lots of great pubs right on the corner. Which one is Lucy?

·
Registered
93 Posts
When I read it. I took it as members being negative towards the brand. The post where a newer member is complaining because the bike they purchased might have an issue and want to think that MV is the only manufacture that has this. In their mind a jap bike is mechanically perfect and has no issues and the MV should be the same. Even though it comes from a company that is very very small. Hell I would venture to say that Honda spends more on advertising that MV has for it's entire budget. But this is just the way that I read it.
I agree to a certain level that (especially the Japanese) big manufacturers are overly praised for their reliability, while reality is not so shining. The big manufacturers just have the (financial) means to avoid issues going public through quick (silent) re-calls, quick lead times for replacements, a quicker learning curve deriving from the more telling field data due to the high production figures and last but not least the media massaging that transform fundamental engineering flaws into an "unfortunate single fault in a supplier part that has never happened before".

As MV Agusta does not have these means it needs to deliver on the spot. And as even the best quality control cannot assure zero failure products, the after sales service needs to work as well. And in both MV needlessly gambled away a lot of credit in the past, either by the company itself or through lousy dealerships. My personal experience which I double checked with a trusted dealership is that now they seem to be one the right path. The phase of consolidation seems to have been well used. But as the internet is not for forgetting so quick, the burden of the negative reputation will accompany MV Agusta still for a while, although the majority of issues have been sorted out.

For me personally this forum was an inspiration. I was extremely loaded with the typical prejudices about MV, but here you could finally hear it from people that acutally own an MV. Not the widespread BS threads on other boards in the section "Other brands", where it finally gets to the point "A friend of my cousin has spoken to someone that has ridden a Brutale and that guy only has massive problems".

There is no sense in unconditionally cheering a brand while turning a blind eye on things that (can) come along. Hence I would not see it as a negative, but rather an honest forum with lots of contributing and helping members.

·
Registered
299 Posts
This is my favorite forum. The senior members do like to bust the newb's chops, but all in good fun.
The "guns, politics & religion" thread is going to be that way it is no matter where you are on the internet. I read it from time to time... Entertaining, but no interest in contributing to it.
I love the "show off your garage thread".
What other guys here have gives me something to strive for.

Some questions are just dumb questions. If you didn't do a search before asking, get ready for what's coming...
I've gone through a lot of older threads here. One thing's for sure, like it or not, the birth (or rebirth?) of the 3 cylinder platform ushered in a whole lot more riders that can get their hands on an MV, and the forum really changed because of it.
(I'm one of 'em, even though I used to have the F4.)

So, I call BS on the negativity, but also gonna do something positive... by posting some new photos of my F3 today...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts