MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a pair of carbon mirrors and the only finish available is twill and all of my other carbon is plain weave. Since I have never seen twill weave I am wondering how this would look against the plain weave.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
I ordered my licence plate light in twill by accident. I am out of town this week but I can take a picture when I get back. It will show you the twill weave next to the plain. It is noticeable so I am not sure it is what you want.

·
Registered
83 Posts
This help? Honestly unless the two pieces are touching each other it is not a big deal. I think twill looks much better but if there is no option for twill I would take plain over plastic.

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
I've got both on my F4 and unless you are really looking, you probably wouldn't ever notice.

Do I care - yes a little bit but not enough for me to not have the carbon and leave the standards plastic

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've got both on my F4 and unless you are really looking, you probably wouldn't ever notice.

Do I care - yes a little bit but not enough for me to not have the carbon and leave the standards plastic
Me too i have a twill carbon exhaust shield & plain carbon heel guards. Cant really notice unless up close!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have some of both, only because the mirrors were standard and everything else was twill.. its not that noticeable ... most people never notice it at all

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Not sure if this helps you but here are mine before they were painted. I believe the place I got them from still has the mold.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the input. Right now I am a little pissed because I just cracked a $600 nose fairing from Carbonvani trying to make it fit with carbon air tubes of a lesser quality. Lesson learned is don't mix carbon from different manufacturers. I can still use it but now I have to get it painted to cover the flaw

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Emailed you.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
thanks for the input. Right now I am a little pissed because I just cracked a $600 nose fairing from Carbonvani trying to make it fit with carbon air tubes of a lesser quality. Lesson learned is don't mix carbon from different manufacturers. I can still use it but now I have to get it painted to cover the flaw
Not as bad as cracking an oem Senna fairing... :bawling:

On a lighter note, even plain weaves can vary between manufacturers and where they are getting their fabric from... or if it's pre-preg or not, or what gel/resin they use, clear coat, etc. etc. So I would not fret over a twill weave vs. plain unless it's going to really bother you that much. Are you painting all of it at or were you trying to stay all naked carbon?

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not as bad as cracking an oem Senna fairing... :bawling:

On a lighter note, even plain weaves can vary between manufacturers and where they are getting their fabric from... or if it's pre-preg or not, or what gel/resin they use, clear coat, etc. etc. So I would not fret over a twill weave vs. plain unless it's going to really bother you that much. Are you painting all of it at all or were you trying to stay all naked carbon?
Some paint for accent

1 - 13 of 13 Posts