MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new method in place for combating spam. My spam filters couldn't keep up with the spamming that has been going on lately so I've got a more thought out, general feature coded up.

In other words, don't come onto the forum and make your first post and subsequent posts with links. I will analyze your post count, and your posts, and see how many posts with links you have. Then i'll determine if I delete all of the posts by the user and ban the user automatically.

Hopefully this keeps the spammers at bay now in an automated way

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Just shoot the f**kers Alvin!:bandit:

·
Registered
583 Posts
I think there needs to be a post about your new method. Like maybe the one that pops up and says we have new mail. Just listing your new procedures, just a thought. I've tried reading some new post and it shows them as dissabled. I just tried to read about the Tri color 1098s and its blocked, and that doesn't seem like spam.

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, most likely I need to just code it to update the last forum post in the DB so it'll reconnect to the one prior. :)

Spammers will often just reply to already existing threads -- so a tricolore one could have been attacked with spam, then the last post removed. Thread still remains

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I imagine it's a perennial problem. A bit like ticks on a sheep's back.:bandit:

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Got a new method in place for combating spam. My spam filters couldn't keep up with the spamming that has been going on lately so I've got a more thought out, general feature coded up.

In other words, don't come onto the forum and make your first post and subsequent posts with links. I will analyze your post count, and your posts, and see how many posts with links you have. Then i'll determine if I delete all of the posts by the user and ban the user automatically.

Hopefully this keeps the spammers at bay now in an automated way

He's back :bandit:

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Original I make a decision not to return to any son within the community, but saw a son, I tell the oneself this son is ought to return! Your post looks make an individual extremely cheerful extremely relaxed, soon after finish make me really feel relaxed, your this post will likely be on my mind for a lengthy time, let me a lifetime in can view so superb post! I'm grateful that I've identified this weblog. As a final point 1 factor not a crap, which we examine extremely normally. The weblog is lovingly operated and updated. So it should be, thank you for this welcome transform. You clearly know what you're carrying out. It is very good to determine this data inside your post.
http://208.100.50.250/forum/member.php?u=235161
He's back :bandit:

:nutkick:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts