MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New F4 750 owner and new to this site.

Can anyone clarify for me when the silver/blue colour scheme was first used on the F4 750?

As a new owner I have been reading the site for a couple of weeks and have to say I am really impressed by the sharing of information around the globe. Good to know there are people out there who are ready to help when problems occur. Particularly impressed with the availability of manuals and software made available by other members.

Look forward to being part of the forums.
Tony

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well, the Viper (SP01) was a blue/silver paint scheme and first appeared on the 2002 (I think!) a 750 model.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Gitano, my bike is a 2002, but to put Ammo's mind at rest I am awaiting its delivery hence no photographs and I am now past the age of having pictures on the bedroom wall!!

Gitano, you say the Viper (SP01), was this a limited edition and perhaps therefore only available that year, any further leads to this model would be appreciated.

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Thanks Gitano, my bike is a 2002, but to put Ammo's mind at rest I am awaiting its delivery hence no photographs and I am now past the age of having pictures on the bedroom wall!!

Gitano, you say the Viper (SP01), was this a limited edition and perhaps therefore only available that year, any further leads to this model would be appreciated.
The Viper SP01 wasn't a bike model. It was an MV Corse Special Parts (SP) kit, comprised of silver/blue-painted carbon fiber body panels, tank, airbox, all clear carbon trim pieces, magnesium wheels, and plaque with certificate of authenticity.

The Viper SP01 kit alone was $19,995. The bike could be any Gen1 F4 and was purchased separately, though since it was initially available in 2002 most went on 750s.

There were only 50 SP01 kits worldwide, and only 12 came to the US. Two in the US have been crashed and another is well-worn with over 25,000 miles.

You'd really be better off with custom paint to emulate the Viper SP01 or just buying the 1000S version from 2005-06. The SP01s are very few and far between, and pricey.

Viper SP01
image.jpg

·
Registered
183 Posts
I was about to answer Tony but see that Veltro has already provided many details. His thread on the various models and special editions is a "must read" and one of my favorite threads.

Just for clarity, I didn't mean to imply that the Viper was a model per se, only that it was a blue/silver scheme that was applied to a 750 model (as opposed to a 1000 model).

Tony, here is the link to the super-thread started by Veltro (now up to 60 pages!):

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=91305

Happy reading!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello Gitano

Thanks for your follow up, being new to both MV ownership and to this forum I am learning all the time, so it was good of all those who have been putting me in the right direction. As for providing the link to Veltro's article that was very well received and whilst so far from only a quick look I can see this will make some good bedtime reading.

There must be lots of such well researched information on the site but for a newbie its like looking for a needle in a haystack, so for existing members to take the time to respond and provide links to these is in my opinion extremely thoughtful. I have no doubt that some members may regard the questions from newbies as tiresome sometimes but we all have to learn.

Once my bike is back I will post some photographs and members can tell me exactly what I have purchased, but I doubt it is one of these rare kits.

So again my thanks for the help........now down to that reading

1 - 11 of 11 Posts