MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, Im anodizing my calipers red, And i thought about doing my fork tubes in red like these

Then i started thinking... if i have to take the fork apart... Well what if i powder coat the dropouts and triple clamps in white??
Then i thought maybe go one further... do the frame sideplates and the swing arm in white also... :smoking:
heres a pic of my bike currently:

what does any one think? can anyone photo shop that?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I would have to say no.

That bike looks DOPE in blue. Don't ruin it by contrasting the colors. I wouldn't do a THING to your bike...I know the bug bites and it's hard to resist, but dude, your bike looks HOT as it stands.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
oicdn said:
I would have to say no.

That bike looks DOPE in blue. Don't ruin it by contrasting the colors. I wouldn't do a THING to your bike...I know the bug bites and it's hard to resist, but dude, your bike looks HOT as it stands.
+1, but it's your bike, do what you want...

BTW, are you trying to do your own version of "Brutale America"?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
odonata said:
+1, but it's your bike, do what you want...

BTW, are you trying to do your own version of "Brutale America"?
yeah i know, it would look red white and blue, thats just coincidence.

ok say forget the white for right now what about the fork legs in red?

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
MikeDanger said:
yeah i know, it would look red white and blue, thats just coincidence.

ok say forget the white for right now what about the fork legs in red?
IMHO, no... red forks are so rare and with the blue bike it will clash... it'll just look like you are trying hard to be different for the sake of being different.

But it's your bike, you do what make you happy, also IMHO. :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no im not trying hard to be different, i just am. i just thought those red forks looked really hot, i actually hate red... but some times its just right

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Those red forks...might look hot on a white or black bike. Black, as in, 910R, even then, that's pushing it.....I don't think they'de look good in any other situation. Even a Brutale AMerica, I think it'd be "too much".

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I`d at least keep the fork seals black Mike. :stickpoke

·
Registered
58 Posts
It would look better the other way round. Red bike with Blue forks. Is your rear spring blue too? That might look better. Or not????

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes the rear spring is blue,
Actually i have thought about getting some kids washable paint and just brushing some white on the black parts and seeing what it looks like. after i get the red brake calipers on.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Well, I don't think it actually looks bad, although I think to change the colors I would prefer the actual forks in the pic at the top of the thread, rather than re-anodizing the stockers.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hmmm
hmmm
hmmm

Thanks, though it looks a bit more like silver than white, But id also do the swing arm and side plates.

the red id do would be identical to the one in the pictured fork. Id probably get that actual fork, but thats the 43mm one.

ALSO, actually, id change the bolts on the side engine cover to red ano ones, and also have the engine valve cover PCed white also

1 - 20 of 22 Posts