MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, not the steering nut, but the tool to tighten the COLLAR where all the bearings are housed. It's a LARGE tool, I just can't source one except from teh dealer, and they want $100. Thinkin there was maybe an alternative???

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Yeah, Adam has it right. I got it from Wolfgang Kramer (www.performanceparts.de).

From the looks of the pictures, I'd guess that Emoto maybe sourcing theirs from Wolfgang as well...

Alex

For those of you who can't read German,
This is Wolfgang's on-line shop: http://www.performanceparts.de/Shop/index.htm

Click on the hot-link called Werkzeuge on the menu on the left, under the MV Agusta heading. Scroll down to item 32-0552. That the insert collar tool.

BTW, Wolfgang is a first rate guy, and I absolutely would do business with him again! Oh, and he speaks English, so shoot him an email if you have questions.

·
Registered
583 Posts
This might sound kind of gheto but.... I went to auto zone and picked up a a/c clutch tool for 14 $ and it worked great. When I would apply the front brakes I could feel a click. I noticed that my collar was lose so I couldnt find any tools. For the specfic problem so I did that and it worked great.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I sure wish I had had something as simple that A/C clutch tool at my last track day!

I think that's a good option for a quick fix.

However, long term I'm not so sure. The collar does have a torque spec on it (88 lb-ft, IIRC).

But it's good to see that it solved the loose front end problem!

Alex

·
Registered
503 Posts
jcctx said:
This might sound kind of gheto but.... I went to auto zone and picked up a a/c clutch tool for 14 $ and it worked great. When I would apply the front brakes I could feel a click. I noticed that my collar was lose so I couldnt find any tools. For the specfic problem so I did that and it worked great.
Can you give specifics on the Auto Zone tool? Part number or better decription please?

·
Registered
583 Posts
It is in the shape of a Y and has points that slide up and down the finger parts of the Y. They lend this tool out it is for car a/c clutches. Try it like I did then buy its cheap and easy worked great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi there,
is the yoke loosening a common problem, it's never happened to any other type of bikes i've had........a dealer i bought the bike from used a hammer & centre punch......i nearly cried.
does anyone have a picture of the tools they have tried.
regard
gp

1 - 12 of 12 Posts