MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I was wondering if any of you have kept riding under 0 degrees C and if you've noticed any odd actions from your bike.

Commuting to work today at, -1 C :penguin:, the Brute would not set at a stable speed, kind of surged at a set throttle, but would go like a bat out of hell when opened up (not that that's not typical, just more so).

I'm guessing it's an issue with the bike not being able to cope with the additional O2 present in the colder air. When the weather warms up later in the day this issue is not present.

·
Administrator
20,411 Posts
Yeah...the ECM is compensating for cold air temp with more fuel....the map may not be refined for ambient air temps that cold. The o2 sensor will only help the ECM adjust at idle and very small throttle openings....

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Makes sense, thanks. Not sure what I'm doing riding around in sub-zero temps anyways, I guess I just don't want to put it away :yo::brutale:

Maybe a heating element in the airbox :idea: :flamethro

·
Registered
828 Posts
Say what! You're all bloody mad! Sub zero? What's that. Come live in Nth. Qld.

Cheers

Deano

·
Registered
14,570 Posts
?

David;
you see where I am?

none of this shit for me....:freezing:

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Some times Noel is not as helpful as others. :stickpoke:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

·
Registered
14,570 Posts
Some times Noel is not as helpful as others. :stickpoke:
Ian;
nobody else helped:stickpoke

when I lived in Germany and Switzerland and commuted.....once it got near freezing......the bikes got parked

i've ridden through 12"-15" of snow to got the last 200 yards to the shop out in a farmer's field......there was glare ice on the road, under the snow:wtf:

best bike for snow.....a side hack

:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Ian;
nobody else helped:stickpoke

when I lived in Germany and Switzerland and commuted.....once it got near freezing......the bikes got parked

i've ridden through 12"-15" of snow to got the last 200 yards to the shop out in a farmer's field......there was glare ice on the road, under the snow:wtf:

best bike for snow.....a side hack

:popcorn:
best bike for the snow is DT400 Toughest little mother i have ever owned i found it in the local dump . Got it sorted out and running
Used it every UK winter from Nov to march for 5 yrs used it every day inc xmas day . It never missed a beat never got bent till it was stolen

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

·
Registered
14,570 Posts
side hacks?

I politely disagree.

Skidoo makes perfectly nice bikes for the snow.:conveyer:
best bike for the snow is DT400 Toughest little mother i have ever owned i found it in the local dump .
I disagree.....sure a snowmobile for the Arctic, but when its slushy streets, that third wheel is great, and when the snow gets packed....maybe a little crust on it, WheeHa side ways time:drummer:

oh, out in the fields, MX bike, on the roads side hack:drummer:

the Swiss guys showed me when I worked at Egli's......in the winter with snow, go to lunch in the village below, take a dirt bike through the fields......leave your boots and jacket in the mud room

have to go any distance on snow? side hack:drummer:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Damn, I hate fucking thieves, what POS:wtf:
just goes to show you can choose your mates but not your family lol

at my age the best thing to drive/ride in the extream cold is a PS3 or X box by the fire

·
Registered
975 Posts
Hey all,
I was wondering if any of you have kept riding under 0 degrees C and if you've noticed any odd actions from your bike.

Commuting to work today at, -1 C :penguin:, the Brute would not set at a stable speed, kind of surged at a set throttle, but would go like a bat out of hell when opened up (not that that's not typical, just more so).

I'm guessing it's an issue with the bike not being able to cope with the additional O2 present in the colder air. When the weather warms up later in the day this issue is not present.
Had mine out in -4C with no problems, maybe a little more exhaust cackle on the overrun when air temps are low

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Going to service it this week and plan to park it for the winter and move to the KLX250S till it gets too cold and won't start, or the snow flies. It's got its charm, but the Brute's addictive and I'm sure I'll keep it out until the tires are hockey puck hard and sliding everywhere.

Skidoos? Bah, they make a good rear track, single ski conversion for MX bikes and it will fit my KLX :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Had mine out in -4C with no problems, maybe a little more exhaust cackle on the overrun when air temps are low
It's not the bike going odd I'd worry about, It's my fingers and tootsies and loss of ability to add up to 10 ha ha :freezing:

I'm off on a bike tour to the WW1 battle fields in November...It could be fairly cool out there ...

Joe

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
It's not the bike going odd I'd worry about, It's my fingers and tootsies and loss of ability to add up to 10 ha ha :freezing:

I'm off on a bike tour to the WW1 battle fields in November...It could be fairly cool out there ...

Joe
Joe are you doing the western front ones as well

1 - 20 of 49 Posts