MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently did a bit of spare parts research due to a coil failure on my 2011 1090R. The original coil removed from my bike is labelled Beru 0040104006 whereas the majority I was able to find are 0040104002. Both seem to have the same MV and Beru part numbers (8000A6700 / ZS378) and the 002 identifier is listed by Beru as the "Trade Number", I couldn't find any reference to the 006 however.

My question is - is there actually a known difference?

·
Super Moderator
22,317 Posts
First, let's start with the year of your Brutale 1090R......

·
Super Moderator
22,317 Posts
Second: Where are the coils you found (0040101002) and how much are they?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Second: Where are the coils you found (0040101002) and how much are they?

The cheapest I found new ones was from a seller who goes by the name roxy*books on Amazon UK. They wouldn't ship to Australia via Amazon but have an eBay store they would send from ($280 AUD). The 002 appears to be out of stock right now however...

I was helped out by a fellow member in this case but have been working away ever since and haven't had a chance to install yet.

·
Super Moderator
22,317 Posts

·
Vendor
5,332 Posts
lurch try FOIB he is parting out his F4 and may still have a set of coils.Kevin is his name and he lives in Melbourne.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lurch try FOIB he is parting out his F4 and may still have a set of coils.Kevin is his name and he lives in Melbourne.

Thanks mitchy. I'm sorted for now but it probably can't hurt to have some spares on hand!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Sourced a new 006 to compare. On the left is the failed 006 coil removed from my bike, next is the brand new 006 and on the right is a second hand 002 from a 1090RR of unknown year. The new 006 has a shorter lead and different plug to my failed one.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I don't want to steal anybody's thunder here but being this thread it supposed to be about the different coil types on the MV's do you think we can cover the older original 04/07 F4-1000S/R type Champion style units that were used prior to the integrated stick type picked up by MV later on for their newer redesigned Brutal's and F4's? I'm hoping to find a new replacement for one of these for my 05 F4-1000S which has since failed and while I have seen some pretty good dialogue here on the forum covering the Beru stick units as above I have not been able to find anything speaking to possible sources for the older style Champion coils used prior.
Maybe we can devote a little time here to covering both types as each seem to be problematic on these bikes of all years.
Thanks

PK

·
Super Moderator
22,317 Posts
Perhaps we should start a thread for the older coils.....

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Yeah whatever is felt preferable here, but I had been trying to enquire about this same issue for the older F4 bikes myself, so felt it was relevant for a thread of this type about different coil types for the bike in general.

Thks

·
Registered
298 Posts
Sourced a new 006 to compare. On the left is the failed 006 coil removed from my bike, next is the brand new 006 and on the right is a second hand 002 from a 1090RR of unknown year. The new 006 has a shorter lead and different plug to my failed one.
I think you'll find the middle one plugs into the other two with the orange band. Should be the same connector as the harness side.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I think you'll find the middle one plugs into the other two with the orange band. Should be the same connector as the harness side.

The middle one is a different type of connector. I don’t have it here anymore to show them side by side unfortunately.

I’ll enquire with Beru direct for their take on the situation - if I remember next time I sit down at a computer! They only list one part number (ZS378) for MV as I mentioned in my original post so I’m not sure what the significance of the number on the green sticker ultimately is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts