MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys

Putting my 2008 312r back together after new head gasket and need to know if it matters what coil/plug goes to which connector on the plate behind/below the injectors (see attached)

I cant see any indication on the connenctor plate as to which cyl coil should be connected to which connenctor - and no reference in the manuals.

You have 2 connectors on each side of the plate - anybody know which is which ??

Attachments

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
By convention cyl 1 is leftmost as you sit on the bike.
And yes it matters to determine the firing order.
Joe

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Guys

Yes i have tape around the coils/plug caps - but where they connect to the plate with the ? on them, there are 4 connectors and no indication as to what coil/plug lead goes to what connenctor , i forgot to attach tape to the 4 individual connectors on the plate.

I need to know which connector on the plate goes to which cyl plug/coil

·
Super Moderator
22,348 Posts
I just read through the shop manuals and parts manuals...pretty non-specific.

I would expect there to be a marking on the plate that hold the injector connectors if there isn't a marking band around each wire leading to the injector connectors.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yep - cleaned the outer cables and just managed to see the numbers 1, 2 and 3, 4 was not visable

Many thanks guys

cyl 1 (13) = white/blue
cyl 2 (14) = white/green
cyl 3 (15) = white
cyl 4 (16) = white/black

Attachments

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Yep - cleaned the outer cables and just managed to see the numbers 1, 2 and 3, 4 was not visable

Many thanks guys

cyl 1 (13) = white/blue
cyl 2 (14) = white/green
cyl 3 (15) = white
cyl 4 (16) = white/black
Very useful and informative feedback there Spud .
Joe

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Very useful and informative feedback there Spud .
Joe
It's laid out in all the wiring diagrams Joe, but not the same colours across models so be carefull, double check model related wiring diagrams.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts