MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a 2011 Brutale 1090R and did not receive the code card for the immobiliser. After a friend recently got stranded with his Ducati after it decided it needed this code after refueling, I checked the pack for my MV and it is missing.

Can this card or code be ordered from a MV dealer or how do you get around this. A little reluctant to disconnect the battery to fit my optimate charger leads in case it then asks for this code....!!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
The code is only required if the display (immobiliser) does not recognise your key, or to program a new key via the display. There are 2 codes one for programming keys and one to bypass the immobiliser. Disconnecting the battery would and should not affect the code, it's not like the code for a car stereo.

As to getting a new code card, I would assume you should be able to get a copy of the card from MV, call and ask, you would need your VIN number at least.

·
Administrator
19,512 Posts
Welcome to the family !! Suggest you contact MV directly, or better...get your dealer to contact them in your behalf.

There are some rules and also common sense in releasing immobilizer codes to the public. Proof of ownership being one that just makes sense.

And would you mind putting your location on the planet in your profile?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mv dealer or mv factory will not provide you the code card. The person that sell you the bike should have given it to you.
The immobilizer on that bike is on the dashboard. The code is like an "electronic key" that allows to unblock the immobilizer and put it on key memorizing mode.
If there's an problem with the key and the immobilizer does not recognize it you can insert the code and start the bike.
If you loose all the keys or for some reason they have an faulty transponder you can not start the bike and the dealer solution for that is to buy an new dashboard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts