MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am trying to place these in the rear. I purchased two resistors and two plug in adapters. The scheme shows that I need two resistors per light. Does anyone have experience installing these?

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
22,357 Posts
There are several styles of CNC Racing indicators...and there are many models of MV Agusta bikes.

A little help from you in the way of information would help us help you.

Please put your bike model and year in your signature line...wiring diagrams differ.

That being said, you only need the amount of resistance that was originally in the circuit.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I doubt you have the experience I need because wiring these lights is the same process on each bike. The exact model of the indicators makes no difference to wiring either. The only information that is needed is you are replacing a bulb with an LED. I am sure after this response I probably won’t get the help I needed, but this is the way of the forums these days. You have certain people who are “forum police” and want to pick at every little detail.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it helps you to be absolutely thorough with needless info it is a brutale 800rr 2015 and sky cnc indicators.

·
Super Moderator
22,357 Posts
Excellent way to endear yourself to the forum.

You don't need my help.

·
Registered
468 Posts
If it helps you ...
Ach so...

I was going to tell you how to do it on a 2015 TV.
The wiring is peculiar to this M&Y.
Any sleight of hand I could propose would be of no use on a Brutale.

The shop even tried to foist a 2 (TWO) hours bill on me for botching
this supposedly simple job for 1 (ONE) blinker.

See
Telling us it's a Brutale saved you a pile of useless info
that you, maybe, could've done without.

... to be absolutely thorough with needless info...
Relevant to your assertion
the workshop manual is precise:
On a Brute 800 rr and the very MY '15
you'll have to change the blinker fluid.

·
Super Moderator
22,357 Posts
Thanks for that!

This one falls under "Get to Know Your Audience".

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
I doubt you have the experience I need because wiring these lights is the same process on each bike. The exact model of the indicators makes no difference to wiring either. The only information that is needed is you are replacing a bulb with an LED. I am sure after this response I probably won’t get the help I needed, but this is the way of the forums these days. You have certain people who are “forum police” and want to pick at every little detail.

Young person, you are posting on one of the friendliest and most informative websites on the internet and definitely the best motorcycle forum. There is more information available here than you could get from the factory. Too say it doesn't make any difference which bike it is or which style indicator it is only shows a lack of knowledge on your part and your attitude shows a total lack of respect.

That said start with one resistor and if it blinks too fast add another.

Oh by the way, welcome to the forum

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’m specifically looking for someone who has put any replaced any OEM bulb light with a CNC indicator. CNC sells the plug adapter and the resistors. I purchased plug adapters which will fit ANY MV agusta and resistors also sold by CNC. The wiring from the bike that give power to the tail lights are labebeled left and right. Because I have the plug adapters that fit 95% of MV agustas built in the modern era, all I need to know is how to splice and put resistors between plug adaptor and wires coming from the CNC light. Because I bought the correct adapter and correct light for the bike. I am only asking how to put a resistor in this circuit to decrease the load so the lights can actually blink. The CNC lights come with one diagram. One to replace the lights if you don’t need a resistor which is in essence a plug and play and one schematic if you need resistors. Obviously, I need resistors.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was just put off by the initial response to my question. I know there are multiple models of bikes and lights. If you buy the adaptors and the resistors for the CNC lights the model of the bike and the type of of lights become a moot point. It now becomes a process of putting a resistor in between the the bulb wiring and the plug adapter I purchased that plugs into the right and left wiring that is marked under the seat.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Arcimboido. Did you buy CNC indicators and did you purchase the correct supplementary parts to wire it to your bike?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Silentservice. No offense to you, but you are right. I do not want your help. I asked for someone that has put ANY CNC indicator onto ANYmodel MV on their bike, that also purchased the plug adapters and resistors from CNC. The process in which they did it would be exactly the same. That’s why they are called Universal lights when you purchase the appropriate products with it. Maybe you are thinking I only bought the lights and I have to make a connection that will plug into the bike wiring under the seat. That is not the case. I have that adapter that I purchased with the lights.

·
Super Moderator
22,357 Posts
@roscopeeco: You have much to learn grasshopper. :jerkoff: FWIW, ignorance offends me. :jsm: Let me know, via apology when you realize the error in your ways.:nutkick: It might help for you to look at my signature, see that I own the bike in question, add 2 and 2 together and submit that I might be one of the few who know the answer to your query.:wave::nerd:

In the meantime, good luck. Carry on. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::smoking:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@silentservice. You won’t get an apology and because you own my bike does not mean you know how to do it with the products I purchased. I will get it done regardless and when I finish I will post a detailed post on how it’s done and the proper parts to order from CNC thus driving business to some of the sponsors of this forum that allow the exchange of learning. I’m sorry your feelings are hurt that I didn’t kneel at your alter after you provided a condescending answer to my initial question.

·
Administrator
19,861 Posts
My experience with "universal fit" means the product universally doesn't fit anything without fiddling. That said...for ANY turn signal application... going from an incandescent bulb to some other device (led, whatever) can change the resistance in the circuit that the flasher relay depends on for proper capacitor charge time and subsequent open/close/open operation that results in turn signals blinking.

Don't care what brand....turn signal, bike, car..they all work essentially the same way.

SO....if you connected the turn signals and tail light to all the proper wires (tail light power, brake light power, left and right turn signal power, ground) then the turn signals will either come on and NOT blink or come on and blink too fast or slow...or work properly!!!

The common problem is too fast due to lower resistance of the new device as opposed to the original. I assume that is your problem and you have confirmed it. So now you want to add resistance.

Start with one resistor in series with the POWER SUPPLY wire to each turn signal. Test...still too fast ? add another in series with the first. (I trust you know what in series means?)

Just so you know, silentservice used to run a nuclear power plant. He knows his electricity pretty well. His, and my desire is that everyone on the forum list their bike(s) in a signature line so there is no confusion when someone (maybe not you) is researching a question and stumbles on a post such as this one. This lack of identification (and lack of global location) with some forum members is a continued pet-peeve of us both.

Hope my information has helped.

·
Super Moderator
22,357 Posts
@roscopeeco: I haven't yet begun to become condescending. If I pointed out all of the errors in your statements in this thread, then I might be started down the road to condescension. How much wiring have you done in a simple 12VDC circuit?

@esq'z me: Ed, here are the diagrams included with the OP's purchase. The thing he apparently can't figure out from his manual, or the writing on his original light bulbs, is the wattage of his system. Yes, I could have simply given this information to him in the fifth post after I learned that "useless" :stir: tidbit of information regarding which bike year and model the inquiry was about, but.....:banghead::banghead::banghead:

1.JPG

2.jpg

@roscopeeco: Perhaps you can see the mod in this photo:

DSCN5885.JPG

Yes, yes...not a 3 cylinder, and not CNC lights; but, hey, they are all the same, right? (Those must be the same connectors you have....:errr:)

Maybe here?

DSC_2655r.jpg

Oh, right...not even an MV! :blah::blah::blah::later:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Arcimboido. Did you buy CNC indicators and did you purchase the correct supplementary parts to wire it to your bike?
Nope nope and nope
LED before :frown2: stock LED after.
So no impedance grief but a very nasty routing of wires under the swingarm.

Wouldn't think of grafting any 'racing' parts, CNC or whatever.
OEM parts for the TV are already 200 € each.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Back to the main point. You have still failed to explain why it is so important to include the type of MV agusta and the type of CNC universal lights I have. The only thing I asked for is someone with experience in inserting a resistor in the circuit. The number of resistors I need is a simple answer that even I can figure out. The more technical part comes with arranging the circuit and splicing wires. That is all I want to know and again. I’m only interested in hearing from people who have done this with ANY CNC universal lights to ANY MV agusta as the process is the same whether you have one resistor per light or two. Said another way. If you receive the know how to put one resistor in you can put the second one on easily. I’m not willing to take someone’s advice who has never done it with the products I have. I have the same schematic that came with the lights as you showed here.

What you are now providing is distraction because indeed my original post was very clear and as I said in previous posts putting in a resistor is the same process on any bike with any CNC universal light as long as you have the plug adaptors and the the resistors CNC sells. I don’t care how many times you took apart a bike and put it back together. If you’ve never put these lights on with supplied materials, I’m not interested in your speculation on how to do it.

·
Administrator
19,861 Posts
It's pretty basic....why do you need any help? You have the diagrams, you know what you need. It's plug and play isn't it?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts