MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Light Automotive design

Really like the adjustment and the look of the CNC levers (short ones). However don’t be an idiot like me, after selecting what bike you have I ordered both brake and clutch without reading the small print on the clutch lever. Didn’t order the hydraulic one, just didn’t realise that there were two types for the TVL, now have to wait to send it back and get a replacement…lesson learned read….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Looks good!

Sent from my Armor 9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. Had the same exact one for my Brutale 1090RR. CNC Racing makes a lot of hardware and accessories for MV and they just rebrand it so you're really overpaying for the branding if you buy from MV. Needless to say they make excellent products. The Brutale uses hydraulic clutch so didn't run into the same mistake.

·
Registered
2012 Multistrada Pikes Peak, 2017 XDiavel, 2020 TVS Lusso scs
146 Posts
I don’t know if this will be an issue for everyone and or on all bikes, but two years or so ago I purchased a pre owned XDiavel that had short levers, and while I really like the look and the brake lever was fine because you only need two-three fingers the clutch lever was very uncomfortable for me as I use all four fingers and the ball at the end of the lever fit right under my fingers and was not comfortable at all. Wouldn’t really be an issue with my TVL scs though as I rarely touch the clutch.

·
Old Wing Nut
24,507 Posts
I have the same issue. I like a shorty on the brake side, but not the clutch.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
It’s customary to have a longer (standard) size clutch lever and a comparatively shorter brake lever. Brands differ tho. My Galespeed Elaborate is a much improvement in proportion. For me using a shorty clutch was painful. Even my shorty brake lever was not so good. Sometimes one doesn’t know until in use. Sadly the associated expense is a drag.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I recently got cnc shortys for both sides never realising or giving it a thought that I tend to use all 4 fingers for my clutch hand.
(Also received lever for a cable clutch initially - rather than a whole new lever they just sent me a different adapter/end section to switch out myself).

Thought I had cocked up at first but it only took a couple of rides to get used to using 2 fingers and now all good.

Don't think my head would be able to cope long-term with the asymmetry of having one short and one long. I'm not as OCD as a lot of guys on here, but that would bug me.

·
Registered
2012 Multistrada Pikes Peak, 2017 XDiavel, 2020 TVS Lusso scs
146 Posts
I have the same issue. I like a shorty on the brake side, but not the clutch.
👍🍻
I recently got cnc shortys for both sides never realising or giving it a thought that I tend to use all 4 fingers for my clutch hand.
(Also received lever for a cable clutch initially - rather than a whole new lever they just sent me a different adapter/end section to switch out myself).

Thought I had cocked up at first but it only took a couple of rides to get used to using 2 fingers and now all good.

Don't think my head would be able to cope long-term with the asymmetry of having one short and one long. I'm not as OCD as a lot of guys on here, but that would bug me.
I guess we all have our demons😅

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
It's also the shape. OCD doesn't have anything to do with proper ergonomics and its often misapplied, just saying...

·
Registered
29 Posts
View attachment 488770
Really like the adjustment and the look of the CNC levers (short ones). However don’t be an idiot like me, after selecting what bike you have I ordered both brake and clutch without reading the small print on the clutch lever. Didn’t order the hydraulic one, just didn’t realise that there were two types for the TVL, now have to wait to send it back and get a replacement…lesson learned read….

Do you by chance have a link to these? Look great.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Never thought about shorties on clutch and how many fingers I used. However same as you, a couple of rides and I don’t even think about it now. Plus no way could I have two different sizes…. Just no

1 - 15 of 15 Posts