MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey E-Moto (or anybody willing to make and sell) :stickpoke ,
Somebody out there has to be able to make us some fan blades (i dont want mind to melt). :flamethro
Look guys, even if it is aluminun, i wont tell anyone if you want. :naughty:
I think we will all agree, cost will be reletive to an overheated MV engine. :stopp:
So far my only fix is switch to a normal mid pipe, and put an additive to the coolant, but that will not help if i have a fan melted off. :mad:
Help, They already think i am riding someone elses bike (cabineri) cause i dont look old enough :( , but they will say i am on my dad's bike if i overheat and i am on the side at the GP in Mugello. :loser:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Just talked to Muzzy USA. They said that they could make a fan depending to rotation that fan turns. Plus if it matches their style of fan blanks. I havn't picked my bike up yet. If you guys want to get ball going. I would need picks of just the fan, the fan shroud,and if the fan bolts on or is riveted on. Also which direction dose the fan spin. I will e-mail picks to my connection at Muzzy. And see if they could even make one.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Dear friends I think the solution is to leave the funs running, after switching off the engine, up to the temp they stop automatically. I am doing this and I don’t have any melting sings on the funs.

tvass

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
well, titanium is an option.

i have not seen the Al blades from Muzzy's, but the Al fans i have seen are usually made with a thin sheet of aluminum and the fan shape is pressed. the problem is that the fan blades will deform as the fan spins, and significantly reduce the amount of airflow across the radiator. considering how close the F4 1k motors are on the edge of thermal stability, i would watch this VERY closely the swap is made. keep an eye on that temp gauge.

again, i have not seen the Muzzy's design, but if the fan blades are flimsy, i'd exercise some caution in this area.

alex

·
Registered
367 Posts
eMoto UK said:
We have come across this problem, at the start of next month we are looking at a solution for this, maybe titanium...
Great, then heres a wish list:
- Bigger fan, faster fan, steeper blades
ie. More airflow, or an option for a 2nd fan.

on another note, there used to be an after market Radiator you could buy here from Casoli in Austalia. They can't get them made any more, can you get something like this?

Jonathan

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
emoto has a race radiator which I am wanting to purchase, hey guys, how would that due in cali type traffic :flamethro ??
and can i connect the fan to that one :popcorn: ??

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Rather than having one large fan made out of carbon fibre, aluminium etc, wouldn't it be easier and possibly cheaper to mount 2 or 3 smaller fans.

Using smaller fans, you'll get a more even airflow across the radiator and there is built-in redundancy if one of the fans manage to fail in the middle of nowhere.

Just my $0.02 worth.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
tvass said:
Dear friends I think the solution is to leave the funs running, after switching off the engine, up to the temp they stop automatically. I am doing this and I don’t have any melting sings on the funs.

tvass
+1 :ahhh:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wouldn't that drain he electrical system :wtf: ??
I would rather have one heavy duty dedicated fan vs. multiple small ones taxing the system. :cross:
By the by, does anyone think the race radiator will survive the normal street life?? :popcorn:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts