MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I for one am looking forward to seeing Cluzel on the MV F4RR at LAGUNA SECA WSBK Round.
I have nothing against Corti or any rider personally. But seeing Corti in ...net... shirt he actually had BITCH TITS? IMHO a professional rider competitng in WSBK ,WSS ect should be in good physical condition.
A rider that over weight will get tired/exhausted. This decreases reflexes, timing and consistency.
Cluzel looks to be roughly 125lbs ,in great condition and very talented .He is French not Italian but I would pick talent over nationalism any day

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hi Donsey, My mistake . I wrote thead before race . IMHO Camier was a good choice also. In the 2013 WSBK season Camier looked to have the Speed/Skill to be a title contender. unfortunately for Camier the Suzuki GSXR1000R was/is lacking in handling and power in comparison to the other 5 manufactures competing in WSBK.

Hb88x looking at trap speed figures the MV F4RR looks to equal the Honda CBR1000RR & Suzuki GSXR1000R in top speed, but down on power/top speed to the Aprilia RSV4, Kawasaki ZX10RR ,Ducati 1199RR Panagale and the BMW S1000RR If the BMW S1000RR was a factory effort.
(Since BMW dropped factory effort people have seemed to forgotten that the S1000RR inline 4 is a Modern high tech race design)

I am VERY impressed with MV AGUSTA race engineers . They have taken a roughly 15 year old Hemi Head design engine and evolved/massaged
it to make competitive power. Aprilia,Kawasaki,BMW Ducati,Honda and even Suzuki designed there engines derived from Fresh F1 race engine designs.

You have heard the race commentators say the F4RR has just started development in WSBK and given proper development time the F4RR will produce more power to equal the top horse power producers Aprilia , Kawasaki and BMW. This outlook is a bit over optimistic IMHO being the F4RR
uses a Hemi head design and has Already been Massaged/evolved for a decade.
I HOPE I am wrong LOL and will continue to Cheer on The MV AGUSTA F4RR. Who doesn't love to cheer on an under dog.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The F4RR Chassis. Even before the season started I had reservations on whether or not a trellis tube design could withstand the horsepower being made by current WSBK racing without having TOO much flex . We have all read/ heard Ducati designed the new ground breaking 1199 Monoque chassis because the venerable 1098/1198 Trellis chrome molly steel tube chassis could not be designed to handle modern WSBK horsepower. Was Ducati be honest in there analysis? or was it just to make a marketing splash? I DONT KNOW? Ducati said the Trellis chrome moly design flexed TOO much under the stress of modern WSBK horsepower outputs. BUT Ducati never stated how much Horsepower there Trellis Chrome moly steel tube design could withstand before it became over stressed?

Donsey.... any thoughts here? You are the sights MV F4RR racing expert.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
No Paul, I know nothing about the F4RR, I've only recently ridden one on the road, where it felt great, but MUCH heavier than me race bike.
The way I see it, and from what I've heard, I think the F4RR's biggest problem is electronics, then weight.

Everybody knows how long it took Kawasaki and BMW to sort out their electronics, before they could start winning, Honda still has not got it right, and Aprilia still struggles every now and again.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Not sure these days, I'll try and weigh her again this weekend, a few years back the scales said 184kg with oil water and about 5L of fuel in the bike.
Keep in mind, the only Titanium is on my fat arse, no magnesium parts, and using steel tank, standard headers, S/S Arrows ... etc.
Very much standard except for the things you can see.
I imagine the other bike without the alternator etc, to be another +/- 4kg's lighter.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The F4RR Chassis. Even before the season started I had reservations on whether or not a trellis tube design could withstand the horsepower being made by current WSBK racing without having TOO much flex . We have all read/ heard Ducati designed the new ground breaking 1199 Monoque chassis because the venerable 1098/1198 Trellis chrome molly steel tube chassis could not be designed to handle modern WSBK horsepower. Was Ducati be honest in there analysis? or was it just to make a marketing splash? I DONT KNOW? Ducati said the Trellis chrome moly design flexed TOO much under the stress of modern WSBK horsepower outputs. BUT Ducati never stated how much Horsepower there Trellis Chrome moly steel tube design could withstand before it became over stressed?

Donsey.... any thoughts here? You are the sights MV F4RR racing expert.
Hi Jake,it's interesting how well Bimota is perfoming in WSBK with a trellis frame and alloy swingarm plates running an inline four cylinder very similar in bore/stroke as the MV but with a sophisticated electronics package,maybe given time they'll become more competitive.Cheers Steve

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Is Corti racing at Silverstone this weekend? Really looking forward to see more of Camier on the F4 instead (sorry Corti).

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Who's (stupid) calendar did I download showing Silverstone was on tomorrow then? No wonder I couldn't find the qualifying anywhere on TV...

PS: Its someone's calander from here that also put time to include F1 and MotoGP

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
PT Salas a PROFESSIONAL road racer is obligated to be in excellent physical condition so he can perform to his best ability. Its part and parcel of the job ... No need to be Sorry.
hich
Donsey , before the 2014 season started I many publications stated that the F4RR was a much sought after ride . I would really like to see a top rider on the F4RR to see just what it is capable of.
What most people do not realize is the top tier rider can get a better drive off of corners which pays dividends down the straits producing higher trap speeds . So how do you know if the F4RR is down on power? A good example of this is the Ducati 1098/1198. The Ducati 1098/1198 had superior drive off of corners but less horsepower. But being the ducati had 2-3 bike lengths off corners the DuCATI could match the competitions more powerfull
inline/v-4 Superbikes trap speeds..

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Steve B Im Surprised how The BMW S1000RR has lost its ...sizzle?... in the publics eye since they pulled out of WSBK. Motorcycle racing is unique in the fact that motorcycle enthusiasts look at racing not only as a gauge of which manufacturer makes the best performing Supermarket , but the motorcycle enthusiast looks at racing as a gauge of which manufacturer makes the most DEPENDABLE Superbike on the market. I have heard many enthusiasts state that there next superbike purchase will be a European manufacturer because they noticed that the Japanese superbikes have been having major engine failiers where the European Superbikes have been dependable .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts