MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone knows where are the clutch switch is located on a tourimo veloce lusso 800
My switch is faulty I cannot get the part because of the financial situation from MV Agusta. So I would like to try to fix the switch by myself.

I have looked at evolution bike OEM Parts but I couldn't find the switch

Can anybody help me...

Gero

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well that was what I was thinking, it has to be there somewhere , but unfortunately there is no cable and no switch at all. This switch must be somewhere else.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Sorry Gero, can't help you at this stage. Got any pictures from around the clutch lever swivel point ? Or maybe near the slave cylinder ? I'm just curious, pretty sure one of the other owners will pop in to let us know.

·
Registered
590 Posts
well that was what I was thinking, it has to be there somewhere , but unfortunately there is no cable and no switch at all. This switch must be somewhere else.
Isn't that it right there next to the actual clutch cable, you can see it below the adjuster.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I was told it's a hydraulic switch, and I thought it was in the clutch housing

·
Registered
590 Posts
Yeah I think that picture is wrong, does the TV have a hydraulic clutch rather than a cable ? if so it'll be hydraulic pressure sensor which is attached to the clutch actuator it looks like.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Jogort,
you're absolutely right, it is an hydraulic clutch!! And yes, there is an hydraulic pressure sensor!! So this means the pressure sensor is the clutch switch?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Item 12 on the fiche looks suspiciously like a pressure switch to me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just had the clutch switch warning come up. Called the dealer and in between the conversation he told me that the factory has recommenced shipping parts again.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just believe , when I hold the Part in my Hands.. waiting now for nearly 3 Month :ahhh:

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Gero, I understand from your post on the "2016, rough times..." thread that you aren't riding at the moment because of this issue. Does the failure of the clutch switch and/or the gear change sensor produce an error that prevents the bike from working or is this advice from the dealer? Obviously with these issues the quick-shifter can't be used and gear changing has to be done the conventional way. A few TVs seem to have had the clutch switch fail and same with the change sensor. The prospect of being stranded with a dead bike is of some concern.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Chas,

I've had both of these faults and neither stopped the bike working. The clutch switch issue would only show up when the bike was hot, and the symptoms were warning messages, an orange symbol on the dash, and traction control and quickshifter won't work. Also the bike won't start in gear with the the clutch lever pulled in. Once the bike cools down, and has been rest by turning off, all would return to normal.
My quickshifter sensor is dead at the moment, for the second time, it just means you have to use the clutch all the time.
New sensor has arrived at the dealer and is being fitted Wednesay.
As this is my second failure, and both occurred after riding in Wales in pouring rain, I'm going to protect the new one with some bicycle inner tube pulled over the sensor and zip tied around the linkage rods to try and keep the water out.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Chas,
Neville has said it, like it is... sure I can drive with it but it is not nice.. I've paid a lot of money for it. So I except a bike with no errors and faults. It is just frustrating!!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Thanks for the replies, seems like there are some vulnerabilities to the weather on this bike. As a tourer that's not great but as long as the ECU isn't programed to shut down the bike or revert to limp home mode with these then at least carrying on is an option.

On the occasion I have used my clutch I must say it doesn't feel too good. Not always, but about 25% of the time, there's an odd feeling, much like a cable clutch with a frayed cable or a dirty clutch push rod. A momentary resistance that then gives way. Has anyone else experienced this? It doesn't screw up the gear change but feels pretty far from a quality mechanism.

Reactions: NippyNelmo

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yes, I have exactly that, at first I thought it was a dodgy cable then remembered it's hydraulic. Occasionally as the lever is almost to the bars there's a slight graunch.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Yes, I have exactly that, at first I thought it was a dodgy cable then remembered it's hydraulic. Occasionally as the lever is almost to the bars there's a slight graunch.
Interesting, that's it. So maybe it's a 'feature'. I wonder what's causing it? Have looked at the lever and pivot but suspect it might either be hydraulic or the clutch itself. Can't believe it could be a notched basket on a new bike...

·
Registered
261 Posts
funny, I have the exact same feeling. I swear that the "clutch cable" is frayed or there is a spacer clicking/moving some of the time.

Just another excuse to use the QS :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts