MV Agusta Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So what you mean is that adjusting it out will make it so it's not turning on due to thermal expansion? Since it gets hot and expands, right?
I'm not sure on which way to adjust it as I gave up on it. I think thermo expansion is playing a big part in the way it's acting. I know when my bike is cold, the switch is open circuit regardless of the clutch position, I didn't really test when warm. But considering it only really plays up when the bike is hot, I suspect the switch is operated or even intermittent. I was finding the qs was intermittent in operation when the bike was warm even without the error warning.

After a 70 mile test ride yesterday, with 50% of the ride slow moving, the bike ran perfect.

I'm now just waiting on the new microswitch to come and I'll give all the details once it's running...maybe a worthwhile mod?

· Super Moderator
25,962 Posts
If you have thermal expansion raising the pressure in your hydraulic clutch system, then your return line to the reservoir is blocked.

Reactions: esq'z me

· Old Wing Nut
25,229 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Owner of a 2020 TV. So far no problem, but already a microswitch for the clutch handle in my private store. My idea is connect both in parallel since the switch is NO when the clutch lever is released. A surprise if both fail. If I understand it correct, the stock switch never fail in closed position?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts